PDA

View Full Version : H-bar ???

PaulJ
09-30-2002, 11:31 PM
I am considering a dealer demo 48WB with about 40 hours.
I'm not sure what year it is. My question is what changes if any have you made in the last year or two to the Walkbehinds and the h-bar steering? I think I read that the gatemaster will have "H-Bar II" steering. What is that? and how is it different from the older models. I just want to know what I might be missing out on If I get this mower thats a couple years old?

thanks

mowerconsultant
10-01-2002, 09:21 AM
No changes in the last 2 years that I am aware of.

The 2nd generation H-bar has a cruise control and parking brake built in to it. They will not retrofit to the current wb.

Hope this helps
Pj

DLS1
10-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Hey Mowerconsultant, let make sure I understand about the parking brake built in. So if the walkbehind is on the trailer and that parking brake is on then it won't start rolling around if I don't have it tied down with straps. The Hustler walkbeind I demoed a few weeks ago didn't have a brake and would cost $150 as an option. I would think this would be a standard feature.

Not sure if other brands of walkbehinds consider this as an option or not.

mowerconsultant
10-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Yes the parking brake is built into the controls.
The tires will not move when it is set.
This may not stop the mower from moving due to it sliding and bouncing around on your trailer, that is why you need to strap it down.

Later
Pj

PaulJ
10-02-2002, 12:12 AM
So when did the 2nd generation H-bar with the "cruise control" come out? What is the "cruise control"? How can I tell if this demo mower has the 1st generatoin or the 2nd? Thanks for the help.

mowerconsultant
10-02-2002, 09:55 PM
Second generation is not out yet, it is in prototype stages on the GateMaster.
When it is out I will let you know.

Later
Pj

John Gamba
01-22-2003, 09:11 AM
PJ
Will the Gen 11 Controls Be On the 2003 Walks
John

John Gamba
01-22-2003, 11:30 AM
I Think i just saw That the New controls will be On the new walks For 2003 thanks guys.
John.