PDA

View Full Version : Lets see some boom mowers.

Heavyduty1
04-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Anybody can post some pics of boom mowers and just because it may look rusty, old don't hold back.:weightlifter:

Here's a couple we have owned throughout the years.

I had to scan these pics.:laugh:

Dan85
04-17-2011, 09:54 AM
That's pretty neat HeavyDuty. We don't have any boom mowers, but we do have a big bat-wing. It would be nice to have one though, as we wind up doing a lot of ditches by hand...

Heavyduty1
04-17-2011, 02:45 PM
We have a 20ft CX-20 batwig to cut flat land with. What brand batwig do you own?

Dan85
04-17-2011, 04:06 PM
We purchased a used Land Pride HR22M a couple of years ago. So far it's been a great mower. We've had to replace one spindle and a belt or two, but it's been pretty good to us. The worst part is scraping the deck after mowing wet grass!

I've always wondered if we could put one of those Alamo boom mowers on the side so I could just unhitch the mower and cut ditches.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Future_Texan/Work/Picture200582crop.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Future_Texan/Work/0915081741a.jpg

wcoltharp
04-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I love that Deere with duals. It looks as though your setup to work all night long with all those lights on the cabs! Also is the machine on the lowboy transported from job to job that way or was that a 1 time deal?

Heavyduty1
04-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Dan85, I have a few Alamo pics that have a 3pt mount boom mower.

If you only have one tractor a 3pt mount boom mower is hard to beat because you can take it off in about 15 min and use the tractor for something else.

On the other hand, if you have many, many miles of farm ditches or you do contract type work a mid mount is worth having the $$$$ invested in it.

Heavyduty1
04-17-2011, 06:56 PM
I love that Deere with duals. It looks as though your setup to work all night long with all those lights on the cabs! Also is the machine on the lowboy transported from job to job that way or was that a 1 time deal?

We bought that setup for a contract that only lasted 2 yrs. It's a tough business at times. We ended up selling it and getting our money out of it.
We only need about 20 ft of reach on 99% of the jobs and having one that would reach 40ft was not practical for us.:drinkup: