PDA

View Full Version : Logo

zak406
04-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Im having a logo made up and was hoping you guys could tell me what you think and what you would change or do different??

IES
04-17-2011, 08:11 AM
if I was using that I would make the name bigger and get rid of the blades of grass. The name should be prominent, maybe have it go through the tree. I'd get rid of the blades of grass sticking up cause they are a little busy and if you do vinyl lettering they might be a pain. But really nice looking cant go wrong with green:)
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
04-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Not bad, I like it, but the tree is kinda not-unique...everybody has a tree. And I do agree on making your business name bigger. Good start though.

zak406
04-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Updated logos: What do you guys think? The second logo is from a new designer, all advice is welcome!

93Chevy
04-17-2011, 06:22 PM
I like the tree integrated into the L...looks cool. But the d tree looks goo also.

B Rad
04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
An Old Wise business coach once told me. The only one that cares about your logo and name is YOU and your MOM. I'd have to agree with him. Looking back I spent way to much time with the logo.

IES
04-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Zak I like that last one. I Respectfully disagree with your old wise business coach if that was true companies wouldn't spend boat loads on branding and focus groups for logos. Just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
04-17-2011, 07:23 PM
This one looks best.
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=218551&stc=1&d=1303078307

IES
04-17-2011, 07:34 PM
That's the one I meant. I clicked backwards.
Posted via Mobile Device

zak406
04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
An Old Wise business coach once told me. The only one that cares about your logo and name is YOU and your MOM. I'd have to agree with him. Looking back I spent way to much time with the logo.

I appreciate your comments how ever I have to respectably disagree, the logo is the first thing your potential customer see's! I dont want to spend a ton of time on it or a ton of money but so far i have not spent that much time or money!

WheatBookkeeping
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Version 3.2 is a big imrovement over all the others. Very Nice!

rockymtnmf
04-20-2011, 06:52 PM
I too agree that people(especially on this site) spend WAY too much effort on their logos. Don't get me wrong, you should like it. But to post and ask for opinions? Come on? What one do you like? You will NEVER EVER get everyone to like your logo. And to comment on the "old wise business coach" i agree and disagree. Companies like Pepsi use logo changes as an entire marketing campaign.

However I agree with him in the sense that it really doesn't matter and it also ties in the fact that not everyone is gonna like it. Think about all the negative comments you would get on this forum if you posted a logo that looked like... JEEP, SONY, IBM, SUZUKI, NINTENDO, WALMART, OFFICE DEPOT, PANASONIC, COMCAST... My point being... You can have one of the biggest companies in the world, and you didn't get there because your logo was really cool.

93Chevy
04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
I too agree that people(especially on this site) spend WAY too much effort on their logos. Don't get me wrong, you should like it. But to post and ask for opinions? Come on? What one do you like? You will NEVER EVER get everyone to like your logo. And to comment on the "old wise business coach" i agree and disagree. Companies like Pepsi use logo changes as an entire marketing campaign.

However I agree with him in the sense that it really doesn't matter and it also ties in the fact that not everyone is gonna like it. Think about all the negative comments you would get on this forum if you posted a logo that looked like... JEEP, SONY, IBM, SUZUKI, NINTENDO, WALMART, OFFICE DEPOT, PANASONIC, COMCAST... My point being... You can have one of the biggest companies in the world, and you didn't get there because your logo was really cool.

Yeah, but somebody that draws up a piece of crap in Microsoft Paint looks more like a tool than somebody who paid a professional to design a logo.

rockymtnmf
04-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah, but somebody that draws up a piece of crap in Microsoft Paint looks more like a tool than somebody who paid a professional to design a logo.

That may be true. But you are missing my point. If you know the name of the font that "SONY or JEEP" used for their logo, any idiot with a computer could duplicate it in MS WORD let alone paint.

The point is, regardless of the logo or how simple it is. It's not making your business any more appealing to the customer. I'm not telling anyone to put BILL'S LAWN CARE on the side of their tuck in Times New Roman Font, but my point is, it probably wouldn't make much difference to the customer. So make sure "YOU" like it, not everyone else on the message boards.

IES
04-21-2011, 06:53 AM
I think we all want to portray our companies as professional. There is nothing wrong with asking people what do you think of my logo. It's market research. Not everyone will agree on style but we would all agree spray paint or crayons wouldn't look professional. Now i believe he's just going the other direction on how professional does my logo look? I asked friends about my business name and logo before I finalized it. Like a proof reader you don't want to overlook something simple
Posted via Mobile Device

PostcardMania
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I appreciate your comments how ever I have to respectably disagree, the logo is the first thing your potential customer see's! I dont want to spend a ton of time on it or a ton of money but so far i have not spent that much time or money!

Hey Zak, you are correct, the potential client does see the logo and it is important to have one that's professional and easy to read. However, clients rarely put that much attention on the logo of a company, they're more interested in the services you can provide for them. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't produce something you're happy with!

With that said, I really like the tree design of the one you used for the "L", but the "L" makes it hard to read the word "Landscaping". I had to do a double take. I really like how you integrated the tree with the "D" in the last version. My suggestion is taking the tree design from the "L" version and putting it on the "D" version.

Hope this helps!

rockymtnmf
04-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Well since you really want other opinions.

I personally liked this one the best(BY FAR)...

http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=146064&stc=1&d=1303333345

zak406
04-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the replies, I just want a general idea of how the logo looks. I will be making the final decision soon. Here is the one im thinking of going with. To the person who commented on the L in landscaping I had the same issue you did. I had it changed! OUt of all of them this is my favorite as of now!

PostcardMania
04-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies, I just want a general idea of how the logo looks. I will be making the final decision soon. Here is the one im thinking of going with. To the person who commented on the L in landscaping I had the same issue you did. I had it changed! OUt of all of them this is my favorite as of now!

Haha, glad it wasn't only me! Cant wait to see the final version, post it up here when done :)

zak406
04-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Haha, glad it wasn't only me! Cant wait to see the final version, post it up here when done :)

3.21 is the most up to date version i have I had htem highlight the L in white and put a leaf for the dot on the I