PDA

View Full Version : Putting out alot of Money In the Spring

HHlandscaping
04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Im I the only one that feels like the first month or so they dont really see any

money until the checks start rolling in. ?? I put out money for door hangers, all

the parts and maintenance on the mowers, dumping fees , mulch, payroll and

gas at almost 4 bucks a gallon. by may I see all my money but this first couple

of months it just feels like I keep putting out

nysuz
04-17-2011, 05:59 PM
the worst part of Spring is all the out flow of money. After 18 years, I am still not
used to letting so much of it go in April and May.

HHlandscaping
04-17-2011, 06:04 PM
yea man it feels like your not making any money but by june I feel better

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
I think we all feel your pain on this one! All my money gone in april and may every year, then the scramble to catch up with it. Good luck tie season to all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lefet
04-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Right there with you HH. And this weather hasn't been helping much either, we could have had a lot more work done by now, get the money rolling faster!!!

I'll pass the tissues....

HHlandscaping
04-18-2011, 09:07 PM
yea man Im trying to track down as much as I can .. when I homeowner is like i will pay cash I put that job first on the list lol

Dr.NewEarth
04-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Don't forget taxes are due. Up here we just paid the workers compensation premiums on March 4th, the accountant wants money, our liability insurance went out on April 3rd
and I hear people wanting raises.

Gas here was !.37 a litre (quart) today. Rock on!

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-18-2011, 10:42 PM
This yr putting lot of money out for the first month To get rolling but after the checks roll in should look good
Glad I had good Snow month 30k helps in the spring time

WheatBookkeeping
05-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Guys if you are in a position to obtain a business line-of-credit, maybe it would help you over the cash flow problem(s) described here. And, get a tax deduction to boot.

Darryl G
05-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I had to pay my sales and use tax for all my snow plowing income, my "business entity tax", the big first payment on my business insurance and some other stuff. I went ahead and billed a lot of my spring cleanups as they were completed rather than wait until the first of the month with my regular billing cycle. No compaints from customers yet. I just sent out a decent batch of invoices yesterday so hopefully hopefully I'll have enough cash by the 15th to pay the bills that are due mid month.