PDA

View Full Version : Need help

zak406
04-17-2011, 07:39 PM
I dont do this often, however I need some help. Im trying to help a friend out with (this mess another landscaper) left! How would you guys deal with this, my two questions are A. how should i get rid of all this clover (the green stuff is clover) and B. how do you suggest getting grass replanted? There is already top soil on the lawn. ?

RABBITMAN11
04-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I dont do this often, however I need some help. Im trying to help a friend out with (this mess another landscaper) left! How would you guys deal with this, my two questions are A. how should i get rid of all this clover (the green stuff is clover) and B. how do you suggest getting grass replanted? There is already top soil on the lawn. ?

Hire true green

JFGauvreau
04-17-2011, 08:44 PM
what the hell happened to those bricks on the side of the house?

EastCoast
04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Trimec Classic in a sprayer will eliminate your clover.
Posted via Mobile Device

zak406
04-17-2011, 09:16 PM

Not a clue, like I said its my buddies house im just trying to help him out!

zak406
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Hire true green

Im thinking thats a sarcastic remark in this case I dont need it, im trying to help out a friend.

MMADDUX
04-17-2011, 09:24 PM

Buy the looks i guessing its a new house. When they back filled they did not bother to put straw down. The rain splashes the dirt and in turn stains the brick. I dont think it can be washed off. I put straw down by a new house before for the same reason.

CHARLES CUE
04-17-2011, 10:02 PM
If it were me

I would till it rake it out for best results add top soil. Than plant grass seed.

Do a soil test add whats need.

Charles Cue

zak406
04-17-2011, 10:25 PM
If it were me

I would till it rake it out for best results add top soil. Than plant grass seed.

Do a soil test add whats need.

Charles Cue

Thank you thats what I was thinking needed to be done!

Hell on Blades
04-20-2011, 04:43 AM
IF tilling is further than you want to go, take a soil test, then power rake it and overseed.

JFGauvreau
04-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Trimec Classic in a sprayer will eliminate your clover.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ya that stuff is not available to all states because of some herbicides and pesticides bans.

RigglePLC
04-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Remember, clover is a sign of low fertility. Something with triclopyr is great for clover. Drive also works well on clover. Then add crabrass control and seed in the fall--when temps come down to about 85. Use high quality seed--this is a tall fescue lawn, right? Add about 10 percent quality Kentucky bluegrass to improve the self-healing properties of the turf. And whatever caused the thinness (such as lack of water) fix that.

Do sprinklers hit the house? Could be iron stains from the water. Maybe an acid wash would fix that. But it does not look like it gets regular watering --so maybe not.