PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference between residential and commercial?

bulhead19
04-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I might be getting my first commercial account. I never had one before. What should i do differently with my commercial accounts that i would regularly do with residential? what is the real difference between res and comm?

1MajorTom
04-18-2011, 06:09 PM
For any commercial accounts that we have ever had, they have always wanted proof of insurance. With residentials, rarely do we ever have anyone ask about insurance.
We bill monthly with all of our customers, but some guys who do residentials will knock at the door after every cut. With a commercial account, you will bill monthly for sure.

I believe I may have a different idea on what we call commercial accounts. I consider commercial accounts something like Walgreens or well known nationwide stores, etc, or a bank account where you service all 10 of the branches in the area., or a large doctor's complex...etc.... I don't consider the local mom and pop deli down the street a "commercial account", I just lump that into a residential account.

vencops
04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Diff. = roundup against the walls! (commercial):)

Guzzo856
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
with big commercial u gotta have a different mentality

gebby
04-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Same kind of work but, if done right 30-50 more dollars and hour. Take care of the details. They want it done, they want it to look good and best of all they didn't have to do it themselves and, they are paying you to sweat for them. Good Luck.

ajslands
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
My commercial accounts payed me cash when I was done.
Which I hated because once I get a little cash I'm tempted to spend it at various places,
Mickey D's, BK, krogers, the adult store, you know places like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

bulhead19
04-18-2011, 08:37 PM
theres a good chance that i will land 2 burger kings. What did you have to do to them? just the grass or? What did you charge them? what was your bid? Did you have to mow more than once a week? thanks for the tips i appreciate it!!

gebby
04-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Be honest, be depenable, do good work. Make it look clean & neat. If you say that you are going to do it, do it. I have one customer if he calls me to do something he knows that I will do it with in 1-3 days. Small jobs that day. I've had the account for 15 years. A chain of retail stores. I do everything for them in the beds and grass area's. I bill them monthly. Keep the BS to a minimum. Do your work and get out of their way. You are busy and so are they. Keep in mind retail deals with a lot of low wage people on their pay roll. You may have to educate them some as to why you have to charge X. They do understand expenses but you sometimes have to point out why and how.