PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic filter/fluid change on Exmarks

JeffNY
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Its been a while since this has been beaten to death, so i'll bring it up again, things may have changed since the big threads on this 3 years ago.

I have an '07 ZAS, and a '10 Z, and a TTXP. Im changing the hydro oil/filters on them, I noticed the NLZ has dual filters that look like they go into a canister or something, the other ones look like regular oil filters. I thought they were supposed to be 10 micron filters, but the invoice has them listed as 25 micron.

The filters were $24 ea, which is stupid money for a filter. Anyone have an alternative filter? Pure One I believe are 20 micron.

Then the oil. The Exmark Hydro oil is $10.99/qt. again, stupid money for hydraulic oil. Mobil 1 15w50 is around $4.85/qt, and from what I read, the 15w50 formula has been untouched.

Just trying to find a way to not spend $50 to change a filter and 2 qts of oil.

tacoma200
04-18-2011, 08:38 PM
There have been some problems using mobile one in some of the new Exmarks. I would stay with the Exmark products in the newer lazers. Most of the time I wouldn't worry about it .
Posted via Mobile Device

snapper
04-19-2011, 12:04 AM
dont know where you find mobil one that cheap. Wal-mart use to have 15w50 5 quarts for like under 30 before tax, but cant find it now. And at the auto parts the quarts were like 8.?? and the gallon was like 32 maybe. I hated to pay 40 bucks for a gallon, but in my case where i put about a 100 hrs a year on my wb, a gallon will last me a long time. When i can probably go minimum two years between changes maybe more.. I figure there must be a reason exmark came out with their on fluid. I would think if mobil-1 was still good exmark wouldn't of invested hugely into marketing their on fluid.

Later!! chris

JeffNY
04-19-2011, 07:12 AM
walmart, $23.50 for a 5qt jug