PDA

View Full Version : Unlilock Richcliff. Any one used it?

tslandscaping
04-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Unilock's new brochure displays the Richcliff stone quite prominently, this season, and all of my customers seem to be picking it out. Have any of you guys installed it yet?

It's expensive. I'm paying over $7 a sq.ft. right now.

I'm unsure about what type of polysand to use on it. I'll most likely be using the onsite blend so I'll have grays and tans in there. I've been using a lot of grey Gator Dust lately and I've grown less fond of the look. Tan always seems to get so dirty, I wish there was something different.

scagrider22
04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Ive used it alot, it looks great! It goes down real fast if your doing a large area. I usually use the tan Gator Dust.

DeereHauler
04-18-2011, 10:29 PM
thats a nice looking product, my dealer stopped carrying unilock a couple years ago unfortunately.

For me poly sand always depends on the paver color. But i do prefer the gray over the tan.

zedosix
04-19-2011, 05:38 AM
I used it when it first came out about 7 yrs ago maybe?? It was just the smaller pieces. I didn't like it because of the different heights. My customer also did not like it. I hope that they've improved it.

Paradise Views
04-25-2011, 12:45 AM
I was at a unilock contractor meeting recently and recall them saying not to use poly based sand for installations of elegance series pavers because they permanently stain or change the color in the pavers. Richcliff may be one of those i used poly sand on umbrianno the first year it came out and noticed that the midnight sky almost turned blue, and now they have warnings right on the pallets, do not use polymeric sand for installations, so you may want to check out Unilocks website for poly installs with elegance series pavers. Check out the picture of this Umbrianno job at www.paradiseviewslandscaping.com at the bottom of the page you will notice the discoloration of the midnight sky.

sven1277
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Any issues with the larger pavers cracking when vibrating the sand between the joints?

Paradise Views
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I know your supposed to use neoprene skit on the tamper to soften the blow but i find they still crack. i find using quarter inch thick plywood causes less damage and gives better compaction.