PDA

View Full Version : Like my walker but....

TTM42
04-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Has anyone else found that the Walker mower isnt worth squat when you are mowing on a slope? Also has anyone had dry leaves or grass come in contact with the muffler right by the discharge chute and have them catch on fire? I was just wondering if I was the only one :)

Turf Dawg
04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Has anyone else found that the Walker mower isnt worth squat when you are mowing on a slope? Also has anyone had dry leaves or grass come in contact with the muffler right by the discharge chute and have them catch on fire? I was just wondering if I was the only one :)

Yes on the first question and more than once on the second question.

TTM42
04-18-2011, 09:44 PM
You would think that they would put the muffler somewhere away from the discharge chute, I cant tell you how many times I have had to blow grass and leaves off of the muffler from smoke billowing from it and actually had it flame up on me.

agent walker
05-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Yes on both accounts. But with practice, you can mow a pretty good slope. Put on all terrain tires. They really help. Just keep the engine compartment blower out.
Posted via Mobile Device

flatlander42
05-13-2011, 01:23 AM
I have the walker MB, and it does very well on hills.

The normal walkers do suck, as does my navigator. I have not had the problem with fire, but I have had green grass begin to stink perty good.

KenM
05-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I just started using a Walker MT with a 62 inch side discharge deck. I mow a slope that is a bit over 22 degrees in a couple of places, and I mow in the non-OSHA approved fashion, i.e. I traverse the slope vs going up and down. My biggest problem is not the mower slipping on the slope, it's the operator slipping off the seat. I gotta get armrests or something. I think this mower has unusually great traction on the slopes. The discharge chute on my deck is on the opposite side from the muffler, so no problems with grass clippings flaming up.

Premier landscaping south
05-18-2011, 10:23 PM
All you can do to help is hit a sloped area first while hopper is empty and lean forward! That is my approach.

Premier landscaping south
05-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I just started using a Walker MT with a 62 inch side discharge deck. I mow a slope that is a bit over 22 degrees in a couple of places, and I mow in the non-OSHA approved fashion, i.e. I traverse the slope vs going up and down. My biggest problem is not the mower slipping on the slope, it's the operator slipping off the seat. I gotta get armrests or something. I think this mower has unusually great traction on the slopes. The discharge chute on my deck is on the opposite side from the muffler, so no problems with grass clippings flaming up.

Not poking fun but how do you know it is a bit over 22 degrees? That seems like a pretty exact guess.

fivestarlandscapes
05-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Exmark fixed all those pain in the ass walker problems with the navigator. After 7 years on a walker, and 2 on the navigator. I would never go back to walker unless it was free.

KenM
05-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Not poking fun but how do you know it is a bit over 22 degrees? That seems like a pretty exact guess.

Being a data weenie, I actually measured it because I wondered how close I was to the Kohler spec of 25 degrees max, and various mower manufacturer's specs on max slope.