PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Exmark's Blue synth. oil????

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Ok guys well i just did oil on all my mowers. I Went with the exmark blue synthetic oil. My dealer said it is brand new to them. Has anyone ever used this stuff all i know is i just pit it in my mowers and its like 8 bucks a quart!
Should i expect my mower to blow up after 5hrs or will it be ok???? lol jk
I just wanna know if you guys like it or not!

bigkid
04-18-2011, 11:46 PM
can't really comment as to whether i like it yet or not because i also just changed the oil in all my mowers and used the exmark oil. Only thing i can say is that i got it through a dealer and only paid a little over 5 bucks a quart. Then again this particular dealer has always been known to have really good prices. I will report back at a later date with my opinions once i have logged some hours on the blue goo.

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-19-2011, 03:39 PM
can't really comment as to whether i like it yet or not because i also just changed the oil in all my mowers and used the exmark oil. Only thing i can say is that i got it through a dealer and only paid a little over 5 bucks a quart. Then again this particular dealer has always been known to have really good prices. I will report back at a later date with my opinions once i have logged some hours on the blue goo.

Im kinda getting scared! NO ONES USED THIS "BLUE GOO"?????????
lol

PTP
04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
I really wonder what difference the oil makes. I pay just over $3 per quart and you are paying around $8. Over the life of my mower, I have saved around $280 and the mower is still going strong - no oil related issues at all at around 1400 hours on the engine. At what point does the synthetic oil start paying off?

It seems to me that the synthetic oil would have to make the engine last 25% longer before you start seeing a return on your investment.

bigkid
04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
I am not gona go out and spend 10 grand on a new mower and go cheap on the maintenance. Ok so i spend a little more than you do on oil but if i can't afford an extra 2 or 3 bucks for better oil then i probably shouldn't have spent 10 thousand on a mower either

mjschue
04-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I'll bet you $10 IT'S Mobil 1 dyed blue. Bobcat skidloaders do the same but dye it green.

bigkid
04-20-2011, 11:54 PM
if it is indeed mobil one dyed blue that wouldn't bother me because i payed a little less for it then i would have paid for mobil 1. That's why i tried it because i figured 5 bucks a quart for synthetic isn't a bad deal

MONINAMONEY
05-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I just did an oil change last night and pored in Mobil 1 Vtwin 20-50. I have a case for my bike and the oil is designed for air cooled v twins so it should work a little better than standard oil. The bottle states that it is perfect for high heat and sustained rpm. What do you guys think?

Sammy
05-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I think that eXmark found another way to make some extra bucks off of people.

MOturkey
05-19-2011, 01:20 PM
National brand full synthetic oils start at around $21 per 5 quart container at Wal-Mart. All have gone up recently, and I think Mobil 1 is about $25. I bought one quart last year at the local O'Reilly's store, and paid almost $9. Go to Wally World and buy a 5 quart container, and I'll guarantee your mower will never know the difference.

MOturkey
05-19-2011, 01:23 PM
I just did an oil change last night and pored in Mobil 1 Vtwin 20-50. I have a case for my bike and the oil is designed for air cooled v twins so it should work a little better than standard oil. The bottle states that it is perfect for high heat and sustained rpm. What do you guys think?

The idea sounds good, but all the engines I have don't recommend anything more than a 40 viscosity oil. You've got to remember that an air cooled motorcycle engine relies only on airflow around the engine, which is almost non-existant when you are idling in traffic. The engines on our mowers are all fan cooled, which, I suspect, makes a lot of difference.

MONINAMONEY
05-19-2011, 06:28 PM
20W-50 is a dual viscosity oil.20 when cold so it can flow and protect at start up then when the oil temp goes up so does the viscosity in order to protect at high temps. Do you think that at high temp it can cause engine damage? Man now you got me worried.:confused:

The idea sounds good, but all the engines I have don't recommend anything more than a 40 viscosity oil. You've got to remember that an air cooled motorcycle engine relies only on airflow around the engine, which is almost non-existant when you are idling in traffic. The engines on our mowers are all fan cooled, which, I suspect, makes a lot of difference.