PDA

View Full Version : Stihl fs70 rc-e or fs100rx?

BC3
04-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I want to buy a lighter weight trimmer..I have a troubled shoulder. I dont think I have the need for unit with multiple attachments, so my thoughts are between these 2 models. I have a credit with a dealer that only sells Stihl, so others are out.

It is for personal property use..but I dont want the homeowner line. One question is what is the difference between the two motors..I read the FS70 is a new model and has E-Start and 2 ring piston. Is it a 4stroke/2stroke like the 100? My concern is that some have said the 100 motor is difficult to start (again, shoulder issue) and needs the more expensive oil (which I would then have to run in all my equipment because I dont want multiple fuel cans).

thanks in advance...bc3

mowerbrad
04-19-2011, 12:01 AM
I've been running an FS100RX for a few years now and it has been a very good trimmer. I do need to put a new spark plug and air filter in it, but it runs well. I really can't say if it starts hard or not, for me it starts in 2-3 pulls (sometimes 1), but I'm used to it so I don't really know if its hard starting or not.

If you buy a pack of HP ultra stihl oil (6-pack) when you buy your trimmer, you will double your warranty period, so it would be a 4 year warranty.

I'd go with the 100RX, its light weight and reliable. But both trimmers would serve you well.

I can't comment on the 70RC-E as its newer and I've never used it.