PDA

View Full Version : 34hp Kawasaki

944own
04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
What do you guys think of the 34 kawi on the 60 inch lazer z are they good engines. I have been looking for a new mower and my lesco has a 23 kawi that has been great. I have no experience with kohler and have had good luck with the Kawisaki so I have been leaning that way. I found a lazer z with like 35 hours on it for a decent price any thoughts.

weeze
04-19-2011, 12:37 AM
i've read on here that the bigger kawi's have had their issues. i'm sure the newer ones are fixed by now but i would stick to kawi's under 30hp until they work all the bugs out if it were me. i'm looking at a mower with the 26hp kawi on it right now.

944own
04-19-2011, 12:41 AM
That is what I was thinking. Maybe I will look for one with the 29 I really like the cut of the exmark. My close friend has one of the john deere like you have on your profile pic I think the 920 or something it has a 54 inch deck. I have ran it and it has a Kawi not sure the hp but he likes it.

tacoma200
04-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Many of the 34 and 37 HP Kawasakis had to be recalled and Exmark dropped them im favor of Kohler this year. I would not be comfortable buying those 2 models unless I was sure the engine was not in the recall. Proceed with caution.
Posted via Mobile Device

944own
04-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Many of the 34 and 37 HP Kawasakis had to be recalled and Exmark dropped them im favor of Kohler this year. I would not be comfortable buying those 2 models unless I was sure the engine was not in the recall. Proceed with caution.
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks I think I will pass on this what do you think of the kohler engines I have never had one just kawi on my z and walk behind.

weeze
04-19-2011, 12:45 AM
yeah for right now i'm sticking to kawi's under 30hp lol...they may have fixed the problem by now on the newer mowers but i'm still hesitant to buy one with the bigger engines on them. when you get up in the 30s most people on here have said go with the vanguard engines or kohler

tacoma200
04-19-2011, 12:57 AM
I like Kohlers in general. They have hydraulic lifters that never need adjusting and have lot of 2,500 hr engines out there. Not as much torque as a Kawasaki. I have owned several with out problems
Posted via Mobile Device

tophermaintcrew
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
We have had Kohlers in the past and couldn't kill them on our Ferris mowers, but since we've moved on to Kawasaki's we've been impressed. The Kawi's seem to run smooth, are more fuel efficient and reliable. I haven't heard good things about newer Kohlers, although Im a little wary about Kawi's new digital ignition and injection engines.

turfbuilder
04-19-2011, 03:34 AM
I have a 31 hp kawi and have never had any issues.
Posted via Mobile Device