PDA

View Full Version : Garden Giveaway

eelawnandlandscape
04-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Well ill start off by saying a local news reporter saw my truck and called me about a garden giveaway that they are doing. So now my logo is going to be on the tv about 75 times and will be on there website. Tell me what you think about the website ads

TurnerLawn&Landscape
04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
i like the format on of the one on the left, but not the "when your grass" slogan! I would remove that part and also change the colors. Red is too harsh and uninviting in my opinion.

eatonpcat
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't like the colors or the font (when the grass,,,Font Looks like The one that was used on The Munsters Tv show).

bobcat48
04-19-2011, 07:26 PM
looks very nice,i like it and congarts thats very good to hear.

mowerbrad
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
The far left logo looks good if it will be used as a banner ad at the top of the page (kind of like the current John Deere ad at the top of lawnsite's pages). The other two designs look good if they will be posted like the ads on the left side of this page.

I like the far left design the best, just take out the slogan. Cute slogan, but not really necessary for ads...it really isn't a slogan that all people will remember and connect it with your company. Its not like the slogan, "Nothing Runs Like a Deere" or "Just Do It", I guarantee that you know what companies those go with. If it were a catchier slogan, then I would include it. But for now, just take off the half with the slogan and use the rest of it.

When your logo/design is shown on TV, its not going to be a commercial just about your company, so your logo will only be shown for a limited amount of time. You want to make the most of those few seconds and show a design/logo that gets the point across very easily and quickly. With a slogan added into the design, the consumer/viewer won't know exactly where to look for the information. Maybe they start to read the slogan first and before they get to your company name and number, your logo disappears and another one pops up. So capitalize on the few seconds you have and make the most of it. So a logo with no slogan is going to be your best choice. Company name and phone number is going to be the best way to go.

The colors you are using do work well. They stand out, so when people happen to be on the website, they will be more attracted to your ad. The colors stand out but are not too over-powering to the eyes. Its pretty easy to read too.