PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 21's/26 opinions?

LCCaptain
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Are they worth the price? pro's/cons? Please! Any advice on a better make/model self propelled (rear) bagger ect.

KINGMADE
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
I looked at them pretty hard. The 26 just looked way too heavy for me personally. Then the 21 looked over priced. I also did not like the pins for the front wheel height adjust on the 21. I ended up going with a commercial snapper (for 500 less than the exmark.)

Get Some...
04-19-2011, 06:57 PM
26 is very heavy, but two time's faster than a 21.
A good bagger and leave's a good cut.
The deck belt's can break, engaging blade at low RPM help's with that.
Some other mechanical issue's...
If you have to bag a lawn it is a good bagger and fast.....

I have one that I purchased used for the right price.

zak406
04-19-2011, 07:01 PM
I have a 21 and i actually like the pin adjustment front wheels there extremely quick to change! I also like the back adjuster one pull and both my rear wheels are adjusted! It bags great and mulches ok. For the price it is not cheap however I dont see it breaking anytime soon! Not to mention my dealer is extremely good to me so I dont have a problem supporting them!

meets1
04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I have 6 metro 26's. Guys love them. Nice cut. Good bagger system. Goes a while on gas. Easy to maintain. Although a bit heavy but we go up/down ramps on trailers so we never lift them into back of truck.

db121272
04-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I bought a exmark 26 , i like the mower , cuts good , couple of observations , mower this expensive should come with ability to side discharge , not charge 80 bucks for a piece of plastic to replace the bagger , also found that all the turns in the chute causes clogging sometimes , unit stalls sometimes if you engage blades at low rpm not good ,but the thing is built like a brick xxxxhouse, dont find the unit too heavy unless your trying to pick it up yourself

LCCaptain
04-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks for all the opinions fellas.

Get Some...
04-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I bought a exmark 26 , i like the mower , cuts good , couple of observations , mower this expensive should come with ability to side discharge , not charge 80 bucks for a piece of plastic to replace the bagger , also found that all the turns in the chute causes clogging sometimes , unit stalls sometimes if you engage blades at low rpm not good ,but the thing is built like a brick xxxxhouse, dont find the unit too heavy unless your trying to pick it up yourself

They want $96+tax for the discharge here.