PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Pro S150X, good price?

MowinginEureka
04-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I live in a tiny little area 5 hours away from anywhere that matters, so I'm not sure what a "good price" is. There's no where to comparison shop! I'm looking at a Snapper Pro S150X with a 48" deck and a 21hp motor for 5999$ He says 6999 is retail, normal price is 6499, but will sell to me for the "business price" for 5999. Its last years model, this years model has a 20 horse instead. What do you guys think? BTW, there's 3.75% financing for 60 months!

MowinginEureka
04-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Bump, anyone? I cant really find a price for this thing anywhere.

js_landscape&design
04-30-2011, 05:58 PM
I have two Snapper Pro zero turns. They are both 61" cut s200x 2010 models. I realize things are more expensive in California than here in South Carolina, but your dealer is giving you the sales pitch on the "business" price. If you've got cash in hand, you should be getting a substantial price below $5999. I paid just under that price for each of my 61" cuts (cash of course) including taxes.

Especially with the financing, you want to get the lowest price possible. I believe they are offering 0% for 36 months equal payments and then you mentioned 3.75% for 60 months both through the Yard Card.

There is a current listing on eBay for the very same model (deck size and engine) you are looking at priced at $5499. You should be able to bust his balls and get closer to $5000 even for that machine. If it's last years model he should be willing to sell it for that. Maybe you can offer him partial cash payment and finance the rest? Otherwise you could step up to a 61" cut for that price through silequipment on eBay located in Lanesville, Indiana (not including freight shipping). They have a used 61" s200x with 166hrs. starting at $5250 and might be willing to take a little less or apply a certain amount towards shipping. The only issue is I don't think the warranty transfers to non-original owners.

Hope this helps you out a little bit. If you want to know anything else specific, just send me a pm and I'll help out best I can. I would show him the listing off eBay and he should match it before I went through with the purchase. I have the 32hp Vanguard engines on mine and while they don't have tremendous hours on them, they have been very good to me so far. Make sure it has the ICD deck on the machine though, if it doesn't, leave it on the showroom floor. Good luck.

TWerner
04-30-2011, 10:12 PM
I can't find that listing or silequipment
Is there a special way to search for them?
Thanks,
Todd

js_landscape&design
05-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Nothing special TWerner, just type Snapper Pro in the search bar and look for their listings. Their is currently a rebate offered so they bumped their prices up to make it seem you are getting more of a discount at their offer price. They have a few snapper pro machines listed: one is the used 61" cut w/ 27hp kawasaki starting at $5250, another is a new 61" cut with 26hp kawasaki for they jacked the price up to $7699. They also have a few others listed. You should be able to find it now. I have also included the html address but not sure how it posts. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNAPPER-PRO-S200X-ZERO-TURN-MOWER-/330557533546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf6c3ad6a

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-61-SNAPPER-PRO-S200XT-ZERO-TURN-COMMERCIAL-MOWER-/330556767429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf6b7fcc5

TWerner
05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks,
I saw that new 60 inch at the higher price. Didn't find that 54" S150 and since that's the one I'd be interested in too, I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it.
Best,
Todd

MowinginEureka
05-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I figured the dealer might be doing the sales pitch. But, seeing as how I don't have the cash flow to permit paying for this in cash, I would definitely have to finance. The next nearest dealer is 214 miles away. Ugh. Well, maybe I will need to make a trip down to San Francisco. Thanks for the info.

js_landscape&design
05-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Sorry TWerner, didn't know you were looking at the smaller cut. The s150x 48"cut with 21hp kawasaki that MowingEureka was looking at can be found at the post below. There is not a 54" cut as you mentioned in your last post. Don't know if there was a mixup or anything regarding the initial post on this thread. The dealer is located in Matthews, NC...which is 20 min outside of Charlotte. He will also ship freight and may be able to haggle with on price. I've seen him post on Craigslist also as this dealership is approx. 2.5-3hrs. from me. Let me know if you have any other questions. Check the link for the posting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNAPPER-PRO-S150-21-HP-KAWASAKI-48-INCH-DECK-/310237740448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b9c3da0

TWerner
03-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Just an update since you guys have given me some great advice on this site. I think a

Our house plans got delayed by the entire market crash thing and work, so we made due with a small cone drive dixon for the past 3 years. It worked really well, actually, so no complaints.

In the interim, I bought a Deere 3520. I have a 72" flail mower for the field area, but I still wanted a zero turn for the finished lawn areas I suspect we'll finish 1.5 to 3 acres. Given we have the tractor, even a decent residential mower would probably be sufficient, but I excited. I just bought an S150X with 306 hours on it for $3400 from a dealer who took it in trade and put it on ebay. Nice guy, I spoke to him before bidding. It's the 27hp Kohler version, 52" deck, and they had added a Michigan seat on it for another customer, but it wasn't enough for his back, so he traded it in on a Ferris. Garage kept and serviced at the end of the last season. Other than a belt the dealer already replaced due to stretching, it doesn't need any work. It seems like a great deal, so I'm happy.