PDA

View Full Version : Toro turboforce deck vs exmark ultracut

db121272
04-19-2011, 09:02 PM
lookin to purchase first big mower , does anyone use the adjustabe baffle , how well does it work , currently use a exmark pushmower good cut

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
04-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I have a 48" with the TurboForce Deck. I like it alot it very helpful. The baffle basically works by just puling up on a lever, moving to the setting you want it at, and putting the lever back down. Its extremely simple and easy to figure out.

THEGOLDPRO
04-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Ultracut is the only way to go.

grassman177
04-20-2011, 10:54 PM
we recently switched to toro and love the turbo force deck. the baffle is great, when bagging it is good to change it narrower to bag better. great feature

rcslawncare
04-21-2011, 01:35 AM
With being from the same design basically, the Toro seems to handle a better range of cutting conditions and look good while the Exmark seems to do better on highly manicured lawns. Just my opinion from running both decks.

tacoma200
04-21-2011, 01:45 AM
I had to scrape my Ultra Cuts a lot in the Spring in this area. The Ultra Cuts have a very uniform smooth cut though. Great deck for weekly lawns but not the best for extremely lush lawns. Open decks do better on the thick, lush, or overgrown lawns. I can't speak for the Turbo Force. The Ultra Cut is one of the best decks but it can handle only so much grass at a time.

db121272
04-23-2011, 09:01 AM
thanx very helpful

TLS
04-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Two different decks, but ALL decks perform differently depending on the cut width.

For instance, a 72" UC may cut great, but a 48", not so great.

When you say "Big Mower", do you mean 48" or do you mean 72"?

Rider or WB?

The UC is a well engineered deck.

I would say the Turbo Force is a little better built (Steel thickness & strength and spindle design) however.

mcw615
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I have been operating Toro with the Turboforce decks, 60" decks. I have demoed an Exmark with the Ultracut deck. The biggest difference I noticed was the amount of airflow, thus why another user above mentioned the Toro deck is better on thicker accounts. The reason for this is the discharge is about a time and a half larger then the Exmark, which gives it more airflow. This works great in the Spring, however the Exmark will at times prevent you from having to do double cuts because of the decreased airflow as the Toro deck will throw clippings 10' - 20'

The baffle, honestly when the baffle's first came out, I adjusted it a time or two, but no major difference noticed. I leave it open for maximum air flow at all times, not just on thicker accounts.

My best advice, both are great machines and will do just fine-I say for you find out which dealer is better able to serve you and benefit your business, and choose that one.

Toro here is slightly more expensive than the Exmark, but the service I get from my Toro dealer can not be beat, so that's why I have stuck with him.