PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Pro 150

lizzy
04-20-2011, 08:04 AM
I am looking at a 10 year old Pro 150 to buy. It was never used commercialy. It has a 14hp Kawasaki with a recoil start, No hour meter.

I am just wondering what to look out for when I test run it. Are there any issues or potential issues that I need to look at? I have seen it once but never started it. It looks like it is only a year old.

The guy wants about $900 for it. I am not in the lawn mowing business but I have 2 city lots that I mow.

txgrassguy
04-20-2011, 09:05 AM
$900 for a Gravely Pro-150 is too much, $600 or $700 max is more like it.
These mowers have a hybrid fixed/floating deck that require relocating four pins to change height of cut. Kind of bulky to deal with plus as the pins wear the deck requires attention to correct both pitch and yaw.
The tranny is the standard ubiquitous peerless four speed with the optimistic reverse assist which really isn't plus has the operator presence switches located in the pistol grip handlebars and these switches are prone to failing.
As long as the motor starts well, the tranny pulls without noise, there is sufficient brake material left to adjust tracking properly and the mower has never seen a sulky than there really isn't much more to go wrong.