PDA

View Full Version : ocdc for exmark 48" turf tracer....which one???

shopboy02
04-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Just bought a new 48" Exmark turf tracer and want to put an OCDC on it.
I've considered exmarks model, but its cable operated. Any experience with it?
whatever I get, I'd like to get one that has a handle up by the ECS controls so that it's very easy to use. I know there is all kinds of them out there but thought maybe somebody could push me in the right direction. Different ones that I have looked at: exmark, qwikchute, ez chute, trimmer traps blade blocker. also would like to be able to 'lock' it in mid-position so that it can discharge at a sharp 'down' angle. and one last thing, it would be super nice to be able to leave it on and still be able to use my grass gobbler basket. any suggestions or advice would be very greatly appreciated. thanks!

in review: the must have 3 qualifications before I buy.
-a handle close to the ECS controls
-able to have it open, closed, and inbetween
-able to use my grassgobbler basket with the ocdc installed

MowingMowingMowing
06-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Just bought a new 48" Exmark turf tracer and want to put an OCDC on it.
I've considered exmarks model, but its cable operated. Any experience with it?
whatever I get, I'd like to get one that has a handle up by the ECS controls so that it's very easy to use. I know there is all kinds of them out there but thought maybe somebody could push me in the right direction. Different ones that I have looked at: exmark, qwikchute, ez chute, trimmer traps blade blocker. also would like to be able to 'lock' it in mid-position so that it can discharge at a sharp 'down' angle. and one last thing, it would be super nice to be able to leave it on and still be able to use my grass gobbler basket. any suggestions or advice would be very greatly appreciated. thanks!

in review: the must have 3 qualifications before I buy.
-a handle close to the ECS controls
-able to have it open, closed, and inbetween
-able to use my grassgobbler basket with the ocdc installed

Going to bump this up as I am also looking for one for my 48" TTHP.

Classic Cuts Lawn Service
06-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I have heard good things about the trimmer trap blade blocker...never used one but it definatley looks like a good buy...

Greg78
06-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I have heard good things about the trimmer trap blade blocker...never used one but it definatley looks like a good buy...

Just installed the blade blocker on a 36" TTHP. I really like it. It meets the first 2 criteria, not sure on the grass gobbler as I don't bag.