PDA

View Full Version : Back up Lights?

Supper Grassy
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
How would i go about adding additional backup lights to my truck?? would i need an additional battery any tips on brands to buy or how to install?

R & R Yard Designs
04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Go to demeaning.com and buy some led work lights and wire them right in to the wires that are there. They only draw .5 amps and the most so you are ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

Supper Grassy
04-20-2011, 07:12 PM
how would i go about wiring them in?

Supper Grassy
04-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Go to demeaning.com and buy some led work lights and wire them right in to the wires that are there. They only draw .5 amps and the most so you are ok.
Posted via Mobile Device
site doesnt com up

wahlturfcare
04-26-2011, 10:26 PM
all you would need to do is tap into the existing reverse light. I install extra bacup lights on the trucks and install them onto the trailers also as they make a big difference.

R & R Yard Designs
04-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Sorry man. Auto correct on the phone. Try ddmtuning.com
Posted via Mobile Device

AI Inc
04-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Take the easy route.

http://www.back-upbuddy.com/

dboyd351
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I just bought a kit of 2 55W (I think) rectangular halogen bulbs, mounted them under the bumper and tapped into the reverse light wiring. Makes backing up on a dark night a breeze. Sorry, I don't remember the brand, but they were sold as backup lights.

CLARK LAWN
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
I just bought a kit of 2 55W (I think) rectangular halogen bulbs, mounted them under the bumper and tapped into the reverse light wiring. Makes backing up on a dark night a breeze. Sorry, I don't remember the brand, but they were sold as backup lights.

i would put them on a relay because the backup switch can handle that much amprage runing thru it. as least not for long.

dboyd351
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Mine have been on there for several years without a problem and without a relay. Not saying that isn't a good idea, just that I have not had a problem. Usually they aren't on for more than 15-20 seconds - just the amount of time it takes to back out of the drive, then I'm back in forward and they are off.

johnyredd99
04-29-2011, 12:51 AM
personally I bought the $20 set from walmart and wired them to a switch in the cab. For me I find that i dont need the lights coming on everytime i put it in reverse and i like to be able to turn them on while truck isnt running.. helps w/ hooking up trailer at night, unloading material etc.

I also wired another set along the frame under the doors. pointing out which gives a nice entry light at night trying to get kids loaded in truck also works well when you have already backed past something so your rear lights wont work but you still have an obstical to get around along the side