PDA

View Full Version : First cut of the season!

bigpappaab
04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
This is my first season getting into the lawn business, after researching all winter long. I have a website, and I have been passing out flyers and door hangers. It has been a slow start, and the weather has been terrible, but I finally picked up a few accounts and went out today for the first time. It felt good driving to my jobs and working on my own damn time, instead of working for some other jerk. It makes me realize that I made a good decision, and that this is what I really want to do. Being your own boss is the best job ever. Now I just need a few more accounts, so I can tell my actual boss from my retail job to shove it!

Smallaxe
04-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Convince your boss he needs a better lawn care expert instead of: "Shoving it"... :)

THEGOLDPRO
04-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Website is decent. you need to take some of your own pics and use them on there not pics you found online that good to you.

bigpappaab
04-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I plan on it, as soon as I have the opportunity to take some real nice pics. Today wasnt a good day for pics. It was overcast and on and off rain.

weeze
04-20-2011, 10:06 PM
lmao you cut some fancy yards dude

jsslawncare
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah, don't use the fake picture's.

THEGOLDPRO
04-20-2011, 11:06 PM
i also noticed the website doesn't center its self on the screen and is only in the upper left hand side of the screen, looks kinda goofy like that.

Hell on Blades
04-21-2011, 12:20 AM
They're all right. Don't post pics unless you can provide that service.

I also wouldn't post a pic of a guy with an electric Husky mower...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Feels good to get out on that first one of the spring:)

Check back with us in August, see if you have changed your tune any:)

KINGMADE
04-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Don't mind the Debby Downers. Get at it, have fun, put what ever pictures you want on YOUR site, and save some money for a rainy day, because there will be some. Just have fun and take care of your customers and everything will be alright. Also I wish someone told me this when I first started. PEOPLE WITH TRASHY YARDS USUALLY DO NOT PAY VERY WELL, OR ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! just stay away!

SLMGT
04-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I would rather see actual pics of the work you do. It gives clients an idea of your abilities and lets you put your work on display.

bigpappaab
04-23-2011, 04:49 AM
It was my second day out mowing, and as I was mowing one of my accounts, the neighbor came over and asked for a bid. When I finished with the yard I was working on, I went over and gave my bid. She accepted it plus next week I am dethatching, fertilizing and mowing her lawn! Not bad. I picked up an account, and managed to fit in an extra mow to boot. If only every account was that easy to get. Oh, and she paid me all in advance!
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
04-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Don't mind the Debby Downers. Get at it, have fun, put what ever pictures you want on YOUR site, and save some money for a rainy day, because there will be some. Just have fun and take care of your customers and everything will be alright. Also I wish someone told me this when I first started. PEOPLE WITH TRASHY YARDS USUALLY DO NOT PAY VERY WELL, OR ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! just stay away!

That could easily lead to lawsuits if he's using pics unauthorized by the owner. Best put pics that HE took then use pics that you "stole" from someone else. Just sayin....

ALC-GregH
04-23-2011, 10:07 AM
It was my second day out mowing, and as I was mowing one of my accounts, the neighbor came over and asked for a bid. When I finished with the yard I was working on, I went over and gave my bid. She accepted it plus next week I am dethatching, fertilizing and mowing her lawn! Not bad. I picked up an account, and managed to fit in an extra mow to boot. If only every account was that easy to get. Oh, and she paid me all in advance!
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you take any pics? You should take pics of ALL the jobs you get/do. You don't have to post them all on your site. Having them can help you with quality control by reviewing them later. If they look good, use them on your site. At least you'll have some to pick and choose from. You shouldn't EVER use pics that you didn't take unless you have permission from the person that took them.