PDA

View Full Version : anyone use a z-trimmer?

turbo5560
04-20-2011, 06:35 PM
has anyone used a z-trimmer?
http://www.lawnvac.com/trimmer/z-trimmer

by th price of it it makes it sound like it wont work very well.
but if it did work well it might be a great time saver!

mjschue
04-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I have used them and sold several. The thing is not to expect gas trimmer performance. Use it everytime you mow to keep it short, and find a way to attach a spring to help it float. When it hits dirt it'll stop. If you can make it float so that it barely takes any( I mean Any) pressure to lift the trimmer head it'll work.

I believe it 3mtrimmer or 4mtrimmer makes several units that are much heavier, also much pricier. On the other hand if works great sometimes price is not much of an issue.

At any rate good luck!

kc2006
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
I read alot of threads and the general saying is they're junk. I've never used one so I cant say on my own just what others said (i read for a couple hours). Seems only a few people have actually used them and they didn't like them, but at the same time the people that used them seemed to be using them on regular yards.

Only place I could see them being really handy is big properties. I picked up a school that has alot of straight curb lines and I think this would work for that. For 260 I might give it a shot and if it doesn't work it'll sit on a shelf.

BINKY1902
04-20-2011, 11:11 PM
From what I've read, the motor is pretty well underpowered, and the motor itself is not designed to keep on, as in trimming a long fence line. It is designed to flip on, trim around a tree or something, and flip back off. The rep says it's designed to mow while you trim, not a continous trimming session. I thought about trying one but everyone I've heard from says that they used them a couple of times and tossed them. The only way one would be useful to me, is if I could do all the mowing, then go back and trim everything while still on the mower. If I tried to trim as I mowed, I believe it would slow me down so much that no time would be saved.

topsites
04-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah well we have one of those devices where you can read a book,
talk on the phone, eat lunch and drive a car all at the same time.