PDA

View Full Version : Shrub removal estimate.

spin2098
04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I had a customer call me to come look at some shrub he wants removed not sure what I should bid it at. There are 31 total shrubs and trees all full grown and mature. He has a irrigation system that runs under his beds as well. The shrubs are as followed any help would be great thanks.

13 Barberry
5Gold Threads
4Rhododendron's
3 Albert Spruce 7-8 feet tall
3 White pines 8 feet tall
2 Arborvitaes 8 feet tall
1 Dog wood

deere615
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
well it depends on if you are cutting them at the base or removing completely. You will probably need a machine and the barberrys get to be a pain because they hurt.Figure out what your dump cost will be plus drive time and how you will haul it as there will be a alot with everything at full growth and 31 shrubs. Factor in a loader or skid cost irrigation lines would have me worried I would try doing a bit of hand shoveling to find exactly where they are.

FLCthes4:11-12
04-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Reckon how long it will take to pull out over 700 pfitzer juniper i got a job starting next month.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-22-2011, 09:06 AM
I had a customer call me to come look at some shrub he wants removed not sure what I should bid it at. There are 31 total shrubs and trees all full grown and mature. He has a irrigation system that runs under his beds as well. The shrubs are as followed any help would be great thanks.

13 Barberry
5Gold Threads
4Rhododendron's
3 Albert Spruce 7-8 feet tall
3 White pines 8 feet tall
2 Arborvitaes 8 feet tall
1 Dog wood

tell him up front the irrigation may be destroyed and that will be extra cost after the removel is done

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Reckon how long it will take to pull out over 700 pfitzer juniper i got a job starting next month.

All depends what you going to use to pull them out

FLCthes4:11-12
04-22-2011, 09:46 AM
either a small mini ex, some a dingo and others full size skid, the terrain varies and the room that i have to work as well

White Gardens
04-22-2011, 02:50 PM
I would use a micro-excavator or some really small hoe. Not big enough to tear the lawn, but big enough to get the job done. Even a small backhoe on a Kabota utility tractor would work.

I would do a full estimate for a complete renovation to remove the existing shrubs, tear out and re-install the irrigation, and and final grade on the beds.

At least if it breaks the budget then the landscaping can be re-installed in the future.

If budget is an issue, maybe you guys can re-evaluate if he really needs to remove all those shrubs.

All in all though, I'm guessing the root system of the shrubs have wrapped around the existing irrigation, so there is probably no salvaging the existing.