PDA

View Full Version : Made another move to more TORO!

grassman177
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Most of you know we have gone toro and so far so good.

had an issue with one gas tank spout deformation(the new tank is different and a 2011 model apparently) on a grandstand and the tank was replaced at my shop by the dealer while they delivered another new grandstand!!!!!

A 36in!! with 18hp.:weightlifter:

sorry, no pics yet, but this thing is so far ahead of any other 36 stand on mower. love the wider tires on the rear, looks like toro is getting smart and eliminated the rutting issues with smaller stand on mowers and very narrow tires.

also, really like the deck height on this machine, it is different than other grandstand sizes.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
04-20-2011, 10:46 PM
You will love that lil mower i promise. We purchased one recently and it's amazing forget walkbehinds anymore. Well worth the extre $ for the grandstand then a wb hydro ..........

Century Landscape
04-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Yep,

I bought a new Grandstand last year and have loved it so far.

It seems high quality, I'm pretty happy with the cut - although I definitely seem to notice an increase in quality when I'm using the high lift blades. I don't have a mulch kit on mine or anything but I tried the atomic mulching blades and I wasn't too impressed.

Any pointers you've noticed?

I will say that I bought the Toro bagger to go with this - totally craptacular! or, at least, not nearly what I expected. First off, the huge steel plate it comes with isn't spaced out properly so it rubbed on my tires:nono: Second, I'm just not real happy with the suction on it, it seems to leave a lot behind. I really feel like I should have gone with an Accelerator bagger perhaps, but oh well, I'll get to that sooner or later. I had to add some 1/4 inch steel plate as a spacer to my lawn mower.

One other thing I've got in the works, I want to change the bolt that the rubber deflector pivots on to some type of detent hitch pin so that it's quickly removable. On a super tight gate, it's pretty tough to get through without knocking one side or the other. It sure beats using a push mower though!

Mondragon Lawn Serv
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
accelerator is the way to go, i took our deflector off just because it was a pain with it......if it was possible so that it wold pivot more ad not stick out i would leave it but a butterfly bolt is quick and easy to take off and on......

grassman177
04-21-2011, 12:56 PM
we love our granstands so far this year.

we also use accelerator baggers on all mowers except the wright standers we still have.. those have factory baggers

stang2244
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
What size lawns do you use that 36" on Grassman? By that I'm talking sq ft of grass on the property. I have a 48" grandstand and a 40" t2 walk behind but I am looking at getting a 36" for my lawns that only have 2-4k sq ft of grass.

grassman177
04-22-2011, 09:16 AM
we only use them for backyards mostly for gate reasons, but a few are totally done with a 36. those are around 5K sqft or less