PDA

View Full Version : Stripe kit or NOT ?

ringahding
04-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Most customers love the look our industry provides, of course their are those who prefer a more "Natural" look...anyway here is a video of a client's property using a striping effect...Is this performed with a striping KIT? check it out..Stripe Video (http://ringlawncare.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/ring-lawn-care/)

32vld
04-21-2011, 07:26 AM
People pay good money to have a nice green rich looking lawn.

People then pay to have stripes on their lawn. Those stripes make half the lawn take on a lighter green color.

That makes no sense to me. Plus the stripes take away the natural look of the land.

topsites
04-21-2011, 09:09 AM
I know and we get paid for that, meanwhile food prices at the grocery store are spiraling out of control but
then it's not cheaper to farm your own land, so I'd have to say all in all it's a pretty crazy business.

ringahding
04-21-2011, 08:54 PM
I know it's crazy what customers expect!...one thing i do know is that, as long as grass grows, we all have a job...

ringahding
04-24-2011, 02:03 PM
People really do pay good money for this type of work. It never ceases to amaze when they ask if we can cut the other way..Checkerboard on the turf..ha ha

KINGMADE
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM
You link to a stupid site with a link to an actual video. On the stupid page your link takes us, (I am going to guess this is your stupid site) you say that this is not done with a striping kit. So why are you asking if this is done with a striping kit? Since it seems you already know it is not. I think the whole reason for this thread was to get people to visit your stupid site. Let me know if I am wrong though.

ringahding
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Thank you KING ! Great FEEDBACK....!

MJB
04-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Most customers love the look our industry provides, of course their are those who prefer a more "Natural" look...anyway here is a video of a client's property using a striping effect...Is this performed with a striping KIT? check it out..Stripe Video (http://ringlawncare.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/ring-lawn-care/)

Not all mowers need a striping kit to stripe well. Also some guys mow in the same tracks every week because their mowers don't stripe well if they chose a new line. But this causes ruts. So what is the point of this thread anyway?

93Chevy
04-24-2011, 03:48 PM
For those of you who...well, nevermind, I don't want to get banned...

Here's the vid:

hezeN1GLCuQ

ringahding
04-24-2011, 03:57 PM
MJB...it is true you really don't need a stipe kit....and this video demonstrates just that...save your $$$ no need for the kit..so that would be the point of the thread

ProStreetCamaro
04-24-2011, 04:03 PM
MJB...it is true you really don't need a stipe kit....and this video demonstrates just that...save your $$$ no need for the kit..so that would be the point of the thread

It is an exmark. Of course it does not need a stripe kit. You can not give a general blanket statement like that for all mowers. Some mowers just simply will not stripe very good. All of mine do but some don't.

MJB
04-24-2011, 05:17 PM

I disagree I have stripe kits on all my mowers, some homemade a rubber flap on the back of the deck , some have the rollers. The reason being I move over a little each week I mow a different direction, and in a different track always making new tracks, the stripe kits help wipe out the old stripe when I'm splitting them so as not to cause ruts. I noticed in the video your running in the same wheel marks as previous weeks, thats ok if the ground is not soft, but where we live we have to worry about ruts. Everyone has to decide what is right for their customers, so I too agree with Camaro about making a blanket statement.

ringahding
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
PROSTREET.....MJB I suppose you do have a point about my "blanket statement"..Our properties are that of the size of commercial properties...so I do only refer to us in the industry who use commercial equipment...I've personally used SCAG's, LESCO's & Toro....they all do in fact have rollers on them, but have never added any such stripe kit....and yes we are guilty at times of mowing in the same line, although the video shows the next weeks mowing in a different direction...This picture was mowed using a LESCO 60" Ztwo PICTURE (http://www.ringlawncare.com/RLC_6-7_Wong.JPG) This is a link so we don't take up the whole page....

93Chevy
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Some places you have to go the same way every week...just the nature of the layout.

And most areas look good cut only two directions, I don't really care for the 4-direction look. I like the same 2 lines defined strong all year.

MJB
04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
PROSTREET.....MJB I suppose you do have a point about my "blanket statement"..Our properties are that of the size of commercial properties...so I do only refer to us in the industry who use commercial equipment...I've personally used SCAG's, LESCO's & Toro....they all do in fact have rollers on them, but have never added any such stripe kit....and yes we are guilty at times of mowing in the same line, although the video shows the next weeks mowing in a different direction...This picture was mowed using a LESCO 60" Ztwo PICTURE (http://www.ringlawncare.com/RLC_6-7_Wong.JPG) This is a link so we don't take up the whole page....

Doesn't Lesco have a 2 ft roller on the back of the deck between the tire for striping, or is it just on the Cub Cadet Tanks?. We all use commercial equipment if we are serious about it, but if I like to use a stripe roller or just a rubber flap on the back of the deck doesn't mean there not commercial mowers. Like I said use whatever works best for you. In that video I would have mowed at a diagonal next because here the turf is very soft and spongy. We are on pure sand and to keep from having dry spots they water everyday but the mow day because the water drains to fast. So to avoid rutting we even move over half a stripe which the striper helps to avoid having multi colored stripes if that makes any sense to you.

THEGOLDPRO
04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
You link to a stupid site with a link to an actual video. On the stupid page your link takes us, (I am going to guess this is your stupid site) you say that this is not done with a striping kit. So why are you asking if this is done with a striping kit? Since it seems you already know it is not. I think the whole reason for this thread was to get people to visit your stupid site. Let me know if I am wrong though.
i was thinking the same thing. lol

ringahding
06-29-2011, 06:23 AM
The rollers are "anti-scalp rollers"...they do not help with any of the "ball park lines"...I'd love to test out a stripe kit since mowing is our main service.

dieseltech
06-29-2011, 10:07 AM
What was the point of this shakey video again?
Posted via Mobile Device

ringahding
08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
What was the point of this shakey video again?
Posted via Mobile Device

The point...hmmm...: One can drink coffee(hence the shaking), smoke a cig whil aiming @ an object, and teach ROOKIES how to make stripes/ball park lines withOUT a stripe-kit

2stroked
08-29-2011, 06:17 PM
yeah this seems like it was just created to get attention. You got to have nice grass in order for a stripe to look good, and most of my customers don't care about their yard too much lol.

ringahding
10-30-2011, 12:18 AM
yeah this seems like it was just created to get attention. You got to have nice grass in order for a stripe to look good, and most of my customers don't care about their yard too much lol.
It's my ADHD that craves attention :laugh: You will get customers that want great work, don't sell yourself short because you think a customer don't give-a-care! You may have a neighbor watching you perform your service.