PDA

View Full Version : Customer says watch out for my F350

williams lcm
04-21-2011, 09:05 PM
I am edging alot near my customers f350. I stay away from the truck as he approches me. He says dont hit my tire with that edger or you will puncture the tire. Are you serious in my mind!!! Yes the truck is close to the edge of the concrete but I will not hit your tire. I dont think it is strong enough to do damage to the side wall of the tire. Customer these days.

Mowingman
04-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Better fire that customer. He sounds like trouble waiting to happen.

Landscape Poet
04-21-2011, 09:39 PM
I am edging alot near my customers f350. I stay away from the truck as he approches me. He says dont hit my tire with that edger or you will puncture the tire. Are you serious in my mind!!! Yes the truck is close to the edge of the concrete but I will not hit your tire. I dont think it is strong enough to do damage to the side wall of the tire. Customer these days.

Do not edge that side of the driveway from now on if his truck is near it. You are simply following instructions!!! I got a feeling he will move it in the near future to ensure you have room to perform your job. Been there and done this. Don't sweat the small stuff. The above quote is correct though, if the customer continues to complain, might want to let them go, there seems to be more than enough work this year down here to not worry about the loss.

loyd meeks
04-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Unreal, if your customer does not kiss your rear and isn't perfect you drop them? How do you make a living? But I guess your so damn perfect.

DLCS
04-21-2011, 10:15 PM
I would have told him to move the truck, just to be safe. Put the ball in his corner. If he is really worried about it, he will move it. Sounds like he has the makings of a pita.

topsites
04-21-2011, 10:29 PM
The golden rule applies:
He who has the gold, makes the rules.

In this particular case I do believe the answer would have been a simple "Yes sir"

gene gls
04-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Test it on your truck tire and let us know the resulats.....

Get Some...
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
I try to remember that I sign the Back of the check.......

A simple,
Yes sir, no problem.:)

ashgrove landscaping
04-21-2011, 11:47 PM
I guess you better watch out for his 350. he does pay YOU.

johnnybravo8802
04-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Yea, I learned the hard way on this one years ago. I had a worker who was edging around a truck and the customer accused us of hitting his truck. There was a scratch down the side that he claims wasn't there before we mowed. I didn't see it happen and my worker claims he didn't do it. I told the guy I would give him the benefit of the doubt and have that area buffed out even though he couldn't prove we did it. I was being nice and the SOB tried to take advantage of me.....he wanted the entire truck buffed!!!!!!!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead:I told him I had been really nice about the whole thing and that I wasn't going to let him take advantage of me like that. He finally got mad and said "forget it." People are little sh#@ts!!!!!!

MOHUSTLER
04-22-2011, 10:46 AM
You will never please everyone and if you try you will go out of business doing so. Just pick your battles and move on to the next job.

Kindly say yes sir and ask him to move the truck so there is no reason to be within 15 feet of it. If he does not ablidge then dont edge near it.