PDA

View Full Version : Trash picker

G. Ramey
04-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I keep breaking those aluminum ones from Lowes and Home depot. I had a plastic one called The Picker for a couple of years, It held up real well. What is a good brand that will hold up more than a week?

SouthSide Cutter
04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Mine says its a UNGER. Been a really good outfit. Green tube and blue handle, metal claws and rubber grips. Two years old and used every day. Only thing they wont take is getting run over. Grandson seen to that!!!

ashgrove landscaping
04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
just get off the mower and use your hands man. it's free

DLCS
04-21-2011, 10:47 PM

Work smarter not harder. Not too mention your back will thank you.

DLCS
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
The ones That I have were bought from Lowes several years ago, seemed to hold up really well. I'm syre they have cheapened them since then though. I paid around $20 for them.

DLCS
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM

Have you ever used your hands to piuck up a piece of paper or a fast food napkin and a condom falls out of it. Yes thats the biggest reason i don't use my hands. Anyone who mows public right of ways or commercial knows what i am talking about. LOL

ashgrove landscaping
04-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Have you ever used your hands to piuck up a piece of paper or a fast food napkin and a condom falls out of it. Yes thats the biggest reason i don't use my hands. Anyone who mows public right of ways or commercial knows what i am talking about. LOL

I never pick up trash actually. I 'm not the trash man and that's what I tell my customers and every one says well that's true. OK. Why would you touch used condoms???!! You re sick. hahhaha

PLS-Tx
04-22-2011, 12:52 AM

So, your time is not worth anything?

I need to find something better also. Been using the ones from Home Depot, they work good just break too easily.

bamaturf
04-22-2011, 08:27 AM
the one from lowes didn't last just tore up. got the one from home cheapo,
green shaft blue handle rubbber grabbers seems to hold up good. i use an
empty sheetrock bucket

R & R Yard Designs
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Dot grabber that's what we use
Posted via Mobile Device

Greg78
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Dot Reacher, best there is IMO.
http://www.gemplers.com/product/WEB159879/DOT-Reacher-Extra-strong-Pick-up-Tools-Non-locking

TNGrassCutter
04-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I use one from rural king for cans or bottles but I tell my customers to have trash cleaned up before I go. If they leave,it and it won't hurt the mower or throw it at something I let it fly.
Posted via Mobile Device