PDA

View Full Version : Please help - best ztr??

mmoloch
04-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Hello all. I am in the market for a ZTR mower but have little to no experience or knowledge about them. I will be using it mainly to cut my acre and a half lawn. The lawn has some bumpy areas (not too harsh), average landscaping, and trees. I can afford to spend around 3 - 4k. I prefer to buy something new. I basically am just asking what to look for when buying a mower. I also may use it down the road for commercial mowing. What deck size and all the other details would ya'll recommend? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

CustomCreations
04-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Spend about 7k and get a commercial if you are serious about getting into the industry. I am located by Kokomo as well. I have a 2010 Exmark 52" for sale on here with full warranty. Its a decision you'll have to make on what equipment your comfortable with and can afford. You will get better spindles, decks, ride, and engine. You want to make sure your investment lasts.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Hello all. I am in the market for a ZTR mower but have little to no experience or knowledge about them. I will be using it mainly to cut my acre and a half lawn. The lawn has some bumpy areas (not too harsh), average landscaping, and trees. I can afford to spend around 3 - 4k. I prefer to buy something new. I basically am just asking what to look for when buying a mower. I also may use it down the road for commercial mowing. What deck size and all the other details would ya'll recommend? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

How times you want spend 3-4k on a mower
It last you for ever on ur own lawn but start mowing every day you will be spending 3-4k every 5 yrs
Best to buy new like you said with a warrenty
Deck size only depends on the jobs you will have
Like myself I only run 60'' and 72'' in my area Lawns are big my smallest lawn is 16,000 sqft biggest is 100 acres Thats size I target the most

TSB group
04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
How times you want spend 3-4k on a mower
It last you for ever on ur own lawn but start mowing every day you will be spending 3-4k every 5 yrs
Best to buy new like you said with a warrenty
Deck size only depends on the jobs you will have
Like myself I only run 60'' and 72'' in my area Lawns are big my smallest lawn is 16,000 sqft biggest is 100 acres Thats size I target the most

Any chance we can get a grammer filter on here sometime? LOL

MOHUSTLER
04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Lol hes from Missouri, cut us some slack. :laugh:

Anyways if your looking at a mower for your yard and your telling your wife that you will be doing commercial work so she will approve the purchase then go with a nice entry level ZTR. If your honestly going to be doing any commercial work then you need to spend over 5k to get somethign with a backbone.