PDA

View Full Version : Im 13 here is a link to my video for my equ

Greenlandscaping
04-22-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD76bPMupJ4

ajslands
04-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Kudos for being young and not a punk and being active in this business.

I do hae two questions though?
How do you have a truck at 13?
Being 13, aren't you a little young to be doing tree work?

bobcat48
04-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Looks great,nice equipment.goodluck and enjoy the season!

DoornbosOutdoorServices
04-22-2011, 07:01 PM

You got a real nice set up there but I was thinking the samething...

flyingdutch16
04-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Wow thats a really nice setup for a 13 year old. That craftsman tractor is the exact same as the one i just sold. That thing is a beast and cuts very nicely btw, to bad had i had to upgrade to a Zero Turn. Good Luck this season!

Btw how many lawns you cutting this season?

Schrock Lawns
04-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Looks good
Posted via Mobile Device

Greenlandscaping
04-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Wow thats a really nice setup for a 13 year old. That craftsman tractor is the exact same as the one i just sold. That thing is a beast and cuts very nicely btw, to bad had i had to upgrade to a Zero Turn. Good Luck this season!

Btw how many lawns you cutting this season?

Im cutting about 10 but i have 3 yards that are over 3 acres. Im cutting around 15 to 20 acres a week but i will be picking up more jobs. I do everything from mulching to garage clean outs so im doing ok

lawnsunlimited6
04-22-2011, 08:38 PM
work hard,and build a good customer base while your young,it will pay off down the road.Most teens are in the house on some kind of electronic!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenlandscaping
04-22-2011, 08:42 PM

The truck is my brothers he joined the buisness when i got my trailer at the end of the summer last year. However i pay for the gas and now at 4.10 a gallon:dizzy:. I cut mostly trees that are on the ground but we do small tree removal if it looks like we can take it on. My dads a climber so he will do anything.

RainMen
04-22-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm guessing your parents started you off with most of the big equipment? I know a lot of parents spoil their kids, but I don't know too many who do it with straight trimmers and chain saws :laugh:

Good for you, kid, you keep working hard and you will be successful at whatever you choose to do. :weightlifter:

Flatop
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Very nice set up. Keep it up and you might be a millionaire before you hit 20.

flyingdutch16
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Im cutting about 10 but i have 3 yards that are over 3 acres. Im cutting around 15 to 20 acres a week but i will be picking up more jobs. I do everything from mulching to garage clean outs so im doing ok

Nice work man. Im 16 and started out last with only 2 customers, i worked my way up to 7 for this season. Your lucky that you've got that privileges to get that many customers at age 13! I would say keep working like that and you will be very wealthy!

NPMinc
04-22-2011, 09:31 PM
gotta commend your go-getter attitude at that age, however keep in mind that if you are not insured (which you cant be at 13) that your parents could be held responsible for anything that could occur. Also make sure you are working in accordance with the child labor laws! FYI judt did a quick seach and you gotta be 14 to use "powered mowing equipment" under PA's child labor laws!!!!

Greenlandscaping
04-22-2011, 11:05 PM
work hard,and build a good customer base while your young,it will pay off down the road.Most teens are in the house on some kind of electronic!!!!!!!!!!!

Not me im always outside doing working on something the only thing i use is my cell phone and computer and its you guys that inspire me to start young so when im 30 i can have 3 to 4 crews

Greenlandscaping
04-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm guessing your parents started you off with most of the big equipment? I know a lot of parents spoil their kids, but I don't know too many who do it with straight trimmers and chain saws :laugh:

Good for you, kid, you keep working hard and you will be successful at whatever you choose to do. :weightlifter:

The exmark and some of the other things i bought used for good prices i have a great used equ. dealer by me that works with me and i do stuff for him and we can come together on a price but im working on my own truck next.

Greenlandscaping
04-22-2011, 11:11 PM
gotta commend your go-getter attitude at that age, however keep in mind that if you are not insured (which you cant be at 13) that your parents could be held responsible for anything that could occur. Also make sure you are working in accordance with the child labor laws! FYI judt did a quick seach and you gotta be 14 to use "powered mowing equipment" under PA's child labor laws!!!!

i know most of my customers i sorta know from something or someone so i should be fine till im 14.

flyingdutch16
04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Where in pa are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

Greenlandscaping
04-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Where in pa are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device
Im located in the north hills and thats where im based we go all over thow

ajslands
04-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Once again kudos,
but when you say "we" is it you and your old man or brother or sister or neighbor or friend from down the street?
Just wondering.
Also, why do you have 2 saws?
Posted via Mobile Device

flyingdutch16
04-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Im located in the north hills and thats where im based we go all over thow

Thats only an hour away from where i live. I live in the Chester County area. And I mow lawns only in my neighborhood since I dont have a trailer or truck yet, maybe by the end of the summer when I have enough money to buy one.

Greenlandscaping
04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Once again kudos,
but when you say "we" is it you and your old man or brother or sister or neighbor or friend from down the street?
Just wondering.
Also, why do you have 2 saws?
Posted via Mobile Device

Its my brother an I. I have two saws because the farm boss i found for a really good price and could not pass it up pluss my 029 is at the end of its life. That saw is 10 years old now.

NPMinc
04-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Thats only an hour away from where i live. I live in the Chester County area. And I mow lawns only in my neighborhood since I dont have a trailer or truck yet, maybe by the end of the summer when I have enough money to buy one.

Counting your chickens before they hatch arent we? Find it highly doubtful that you make enough in one summer simply only mowing in your neighborhood(even if you dont break anything) to make enough to buy a truck/trailer and cover your Commercial auto policy you would NEED! oh wait you can't get that or liability for that matter at your age! I commend you guys for having ambition but you guys need to realize that you ARE NOT businesses!!!! You are simply going around making money(probably under the table too) from either friends/family or people who dont understand what a legitimate business is or the risks they take by allowing non insured people to perform work on thier properties.

flyingdutch16
04-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Counting your chickens before they hatch arent we? Find it highly doubtful that you make enough in one summer simply only mowing in your neighborhood(even if you dont break anything) to make enough to buy a truck/trailer and cover your Commercial auto policy you would NEED! oh wait you can't get that or liability for that matter at your age! I commend you guys for having ambition but you guys need to realize that you ARE NOT businesses!!!! You are simply going around making money(probably under the table too) from either friends/family or people who dont understand what a legitimate business is or the risks they take by allowing non insured people to perform work on thier properties.

I never said I was a business. All im trying to do is make some extra money just like any other teenager. Except I make a little mower than the average teenager. Thats all. Plus I enjoy doing it and gain a lot of experience doing it. I understand what your coming from though a lot of kids on this forum think that they are a business or something big while they just cut lawns for their family and i understand that it may aggravate some of you real landscapers out there.

Then again you've gotta start some were.

CUSTYOTA
04-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Not to be a downer but don't you have to be a certain age to operate power equipment?

jeffslawnservice
04-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Yo man looks good, If your in the North Hills I am thinking of (right out side of Philly) and your looking for some more equipment hit me up. I have the exact same blower that you have that I am trying to get ride of and a few other things. Let me know if your interested and we can negotiate a price.

clean_cut
04-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Not to be a downer but don't you have to be a certain age to operate power equipment?

I guess it depends on who you're working for, a 10 year old kid could run his dads huge tractor on a farm with no issues, but a 14 year old kid might not be legally allowed to run a leaf blower for a legitimate business (depending on the state).

Anyway... Congrats for starting out young... keep up the good work, become legal when you can and you can be a big business owner one day :)

93Chevy
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Yo man looks good, If your in the North Hills I am thinking of (right out side of Philly) and your looking for some more equipment hit me up. I have the exact same blower that you have that I am trying to get ride of and a few other things. Let me know if your interested and we can negotiate a price.

He's in the North Hills area of Pittsburgh

Greenlandscaping
04-24-2011, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=CUSTYOTA;4001092]Not to be a downer but don't you have to be a certain age to operate power equipment?[/QUOTEA
Age has nothing to do with it. I am prob a lot better of an operator and i prob do better work than the high school kid most people hire in the summer.

93Chevy
04-24-2011, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=CUSTYOTA;4001092]Not to be a downer but don't you have to be a certain age to operate power equipment?[/QUOTEA
Age has nothing to do with it. I am prob a lot better of an operator and i prob do better work than the high school kid most people hire in the summer.

I don't want to be a jerk, but you're the middle school kid they hire over summer...

Nobody cares what kind of equipment you have, show us your work and that'll prove your point. :)

thelawnman
04-24-2011, 06:13 PM

You got a big ego. Show us your work.

Greenlandscaping
04-24-2011, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=Greenlandscaping;4001704]

I don't want to be a jerk, but you're the middle school kid they hire over summer...

Nobody cares what kind of equipment you have, show us your work and that'll prove your point. :)

I am putting together a small picture album slidshow right now it should be done pretty soon i hop it proves something to the people that arnt believers

flyingdutch16
04-24-2011, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=93Chevy;4001712]

I am putting together a small picture album slidshow right now it should be done pretty soon i hop it proves something to the people that arnt believers

Interested to see that. Let us know when your done

thelawnman
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Greenlandscaping;4001908]

Interested to see that. Let us know when your done

hahhahah same i can t wait to see it.

StihlBR600
04-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah all that equipment is his dads for sure

flyingdutch16
04-24-2011, 11:06 PM

Not completely true he paid for the 60 inch walkbehind he said that in earlier post and some other stuff.

321seavee
04-24-2011, 11:07 PM
he is 13 years old give him a break, i started when i was 15, and im doin good now that im 19, if your going to down him why reply to his thread ?,;) just because your mad you couldn't start off when your 13, dont take out on this kid, by the time hes 19 i bet he'll have 150 accounts steady all year round making bank, i guarantee it, any body can cut grass !!! its GRASS IDK WHY PPL THINK CUTTING GRASS, is so special, ITS GRASSS,

flyingdutch16
04-24-2011, 11:11 PM
he is 13 years old give him a break, i started when i was 15, and im doin good now that im 19, if your going to down him why reply to his thread ?,;) just because your mad you couldn't start off when your 13, dont take out on this kid, by the time hes 19 i bet he'll have 150 accounts steady all year round making bank, i guarantee it, any body can cut grass !!! its GRASS IDK WHY PPL THINK CUTTING GRASS, is so special, ITS GRASSS,

I wasent trying to down him lol, i my self started out last year with my dads craftsman lawn tractor. I sold that two weeks ago used that money($700) plus my own money and bought a used zero turn 50 inch. Slowly moving my self up the ladder. This kid should be proud that he is 13 and he is doing this well.

321seavee
04-24-2011, 11:13 PM
I wasent trying to down him lol, i my self started out last year with my dads craftsman lawn tractor. I sold that two weeks ago used that money($700) plus my own money and bought a used zero turn 50 inch. Slowly moving my self up the ladder. This kid should be proud that he is 13 and he is doing this well.

not you man people above, atleast theres still some kids out there that want to do somthing in life !

punt66
04-24-2011, 11:23 PM
how about being a kid. You only get that chance once.

flyingdutch16
04-24-2011, 11:24 PM
not you man people above, atleast theres still some kids out there that want to do somthing in life !

OKay, and your right. none of my friends understand why I work, they rather just hand around and play xbox or something. Thats what i dont get lol.

321seavee
04-24-2011, 11:40 PM

that is true but how about being a kid and having 150 yards ! and makin bank support your mom dad when your 20 ! **** ill be a kid for the rest of my life !

punt66
04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
that is true but how about being a kid and having 150 yards ! and makin bank support your mom dad when your 20 ! **** ill be a kid for the rest of my life !

doesnt work like that.

321seavee
04-24-2011, 11:50 PM
doesnt work like that.
its called hustling what i do every day mowing 20 yards a day by myself, it happens maybe not for you, but me yes it does by the time im 30 ill have apprx. 350 residential and around 50 commercial,

zak406
04-24-2011, 11:51 PM
it is true about being a kid once, I wished I would have realized that a few years ago! IM still young but not quite the young kid I could ahve been!

punt66
04-24-2011, 11:52 PM
its called hustling what i do every day mowing 20 yards a day by myself, it happens maybe not for you, but me yes it does by the time im 30 ill have apprx. 350 residential and around 50 commercial,

be careful talking sh$t about people you dont know. Your response is typicall from a know it all kid. Get that attitude out of the way and you might do well.

321seavee
04-24-2011, 11:55 PM
be careful talking sh$t about people you dont know. Your response is typicall from a know it all kid. Get that attitude out of the way and you might do well.

lol,,, im not in to forum bullsjit, but i can tell you are i dont know you, but we will see where my attitude gets me! i have a good attitude, hustle hustle = MONEY MONEY ! do good work, be legal, thats all it takes to suceed and you kno it ! anyone can do it !

punt66
04-24-2011, 11:58 PM
lol,,, im not in to forum bullsjit, but i can tell you are i dont know you, but we will see where my attitude gets me! i have a good attitude, hustle hustle = MONEY MONEY ! do good work, be legal, thats all it takes to suceed and you kno it ! anyone can do it !

and doing it at 13 is legal?

321seavee
04-24-2011, 11:59 PM
and doing it at 13 is legal?

you can gut grass in the neighbor hood and get away with it, plenty of ppl do it !, whats the big deal ?

punt66
04-25-2011, 12:00 AM
you can gut grass in the neighbor hood and get away with it, plenty of ppl do it !, whats the big deal ?

just going by your statement. Which apparently doesnt mean much?

Tuna3679
04-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Like everyone else I respect the kid wanting to work, but again inexperienced, uninsured, and underage. He is practically begging for a law suit against his parents.
Posted via Mobile Device

thelawnman
04-25-2011, 12:10 AM
I m a kid to but this kids got to big of a ego. Comeing on this site saying he can cut better then other ppl. This kids needs to lose his ego.

Greenlandscaping
04-25-2011, 02:24 AM

Ya buddy all of that i own and paid for some is used such as the exmark,little wonder, and a few other things.

Greenlandscaping
04-25-2011, 02:35 AM

thats what everbody tells me. I dont come from a wealthy family either but i just want to be 30 years old and having control of 3 to 4 crews. I want to have a good life when im 30 or 40 so i can be around my family because i dont get that right now with my parents at work all the time.

ajslands
04-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Like everyone else I respect the kid wanting to work, but again inexperienced, uninsured, and underage. He is practically begging for a law suit against his parents.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's got all of like 3 lawns and he said 2 were his family and one was a friend.
I think he'll be fine.
Plus his parents have home insurance which would cover it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Greenlandscaping
04-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Come on seriously everybody who lives in a neighborhood has a kid who takes care of a load of the yards seriously. I thought we were all about getting kids/teens out from the X-BOX all day long and doing something. And i am insured through myself not through my service

Greenlandscaping
04-25-2011, 02:42 AM
He's got all of like 3 lawns and he said 2 were his family and one was a friend.
I think he'll be fine.
Plus his parents have home insurance which would cover it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Excatly were family operated its my brother mostly and when we have big large jobs we want to get done in a day we have a family friend i dont think anything that bad could happen.