PDA

View Full Version : Wright Standers

Tall Rider
04-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Hello all my names Brett. Im really interested in learning about Wright Standers. Unfortunately we don't have a Wright dealer within 250 miles of where I live so going to a dealer to see one for myself and learn what they are all about is out of the question. My question to you guys is, are you happy with the way they cut? I guess this question especially goes out to you other northern guys cutting KBG. I want to like Wright sooo bad but every video I see of one cutting shows a rather sub par performance in my opinion compared to other well known decks known for flawless performance. Are you happy with the machines overall? They seem well built and have tons of potential in my eyes. So if you guys running the Wrights will chime in and tell me what you do and don't like I'd love to hear from you and what you have to say thanks! I searched and not much has popped up. Some guys love them and others don't. Expected I guess

Brett

ed2hess
04-22-2011, 08:46 PM
We got two and I don't see any difference in the cut compared to my Scag units.

Flatop
04-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I've demoed a 32" in my quest for a 36" stand on mower. I really liked the ride and cut of the 32" but the price was just to high. The Wright standers take up less space than a regular stand on mowers. I ended up with a Scag 36"Vride.

MisterBreeze
04-22-2011, 09:23 PM
I have a walkbehind 44" Toro Proline and recently bought a used 52" Stander. The Stander is awesome. Aside from not doing very well on hills, it's a pleasure to cut with.

grassman177
04-22-2011, 09:25 PM
the best answers are going to refer to it cuts some grasses better than others, down south on those grasses i hear rave reviews, here with mostly northern grasses they cut sub par compared to others. used them for a very long time before switching.

build wise, very rigid and strong. will vibrate and shake you to death despite the spring platform i have found out after using our grandstand a while now. tried one of the wrights again we still own and have to say i hated operating it.

Hawkshot99
04-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Who cares how good it cuts. Do you really want to live 250 miles away from your closest dealer of your brand? There is no way i would be willing to do that. That means if there is a problem that requires leaving it at the dealer you have 1000 miles of driving to get it back. Pick a stander of another brand that is closer to you.

PTP
04-23-2011, 12:01 AM
the best answers are going to refer to it cuts some grasses better than others, down south on those grasses i hear rave reviews, here with mostly northern grasses they cut sub par compared to others. used them for a very long time before switching.

build wise, very rigid and strong. will vibrate and shake you to death despite the spring platform i have found out after using our grandstand a while now. tried one of the wrights again we still own and have to say i hated operating it.

You know, it's kind of ironic that today I hit a water meter and bent the blade on my Stander (one of the ones that I bought from you). I had to break out the 36" Grandstand for the last 4 lawns. I realized that I like everything better about the Stander - the cut, the ride, the handling, everything. The only thing better with the Grandstand is the fact that I can change deck height easily. Other than that, the Wright is hands down my favorite mower.

BAGHERVANCE
04-29-2011, 12:58 AM
I have two both 52' and the one I bought has 1800hrs got it for $1,200 and runs like a champ sure looks new and there is nothing wrong with it. Scag is just a name nothing else. Wright is by far the best mower out there. Going on hill if you have a problem with it you lean into the hill. Never would ever think of buying another mower.