PDA

View Full Version : Proslide

crocs27
04-22-2011, 11:50 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HUSQVARNA-PROSLIDE-WALK-BEHIND-MOWERS-531030824-/270738870572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f094b512c

Anyone ever try this? Doesn't make a lot of sense but i guess it could work. Couldn't imagine gettin a stick or nail stuck in it and dragging it along making it's own "stripes"

knox gsl
04-23-2011, 12:07 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HUSQVARNA-PROSLIDE-WALK-BEHIND-MOWERS-531030824-/270738870572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f094b512c

Anyone ever try this? Doesn't make a lot of sense but i guess it could work. Couldn't imagine gettin a stick or nail stuck in it and dragging it along making it's own "stripes"

It works well for what it is, and you either love them or hate them. My biggest hangup is that you can't backup or go over pavement.

MOW ED
04-23-2011, 09:33 AM
We have a Proslide on our Toro 20 HP Hydro WB and it works great. It is the original version as they have made some changes to them over the years but it is grnerally the same. You can't back up on one but why would you. You step off and back up, no big deal. You could go over concrete or pavement but it will deteriorate the pad much quicker. If you have lots of concrete to mow it isn't for you. We do go over sidewalks or small patches of hard surface at times but it isn't too hard to step off and walk a few steps to the next area.
It is a very useful tool for us. It is like the original Stander idea without the high cost.

Dogbonz
04-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Love mine,,, and I do go over 1 black top drive,,, but it is really easy to step, and back on. and when you hit a root, or gopher hole, you glide right over it, No wheel falling in the hole. Had mine over 4 years, still going strong.

grassman177
04-23-2011, 11:18 PM
We have a Proslide on our Toro 20 HP Hydro WB and it works great. It is the original version as they have made some changes to them over the years but it is grnerally the same. You can't back up on one but why would you. You step off and back up, no big deal. You could go over concrete or pavement but it will deteriorate the pad much quicker. If you have lots of concrete to mow it isn't for you. We do go over sidewalks or small patches of hard surface at times but it isn't too hard to step off and walk a few steps to the next area.
It is a very useful tool for us. It is like the original Stander idea without the high cost.

this mirrors our years of using them. i really enjoyed it, but it could lay down the grass a bit too much for the height of cut we are at here.

if you are doing the whole sulky/velke idea thing, then this is THE one to get imo. they were very nice to ride and smooth. springs broke alot though, dont know if that is changed or not. these were original models as well and we have long passed that method of mowing, just not productive enough.

MOW ED
04-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Ya Grassman I hear you on the not being productive enough but this machine is for my wife. She does not want to learn how to ride and thats ok with me. I do most of the production with the big Toro zero turn and she takes the smaller areas with the WB. Its definately not the fastest however its not the slowest either. I would love to get her on a stander but I purposely stay small so I don't need 2 of us mowing full out every day.

grassman177
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
it will do fine. but areas that are mowed basically the same way every time due to narrowness cant handle using it or it will lay down too much. other than that, pretty nice, in our experience cutting at higher than 3.5 caused too much layover for our tastes hence why i wont use any striper. mowers stripe just fine without help