PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen one of these....

grass guys
04-24-2011, 12:31 AM
One of my buddies saw one of these in Bowling Green Kentucky while he was there doin a landscapin job. I thought it was a cool concept but never really saw one until I saw it in a brochure for John Deere. But have any of you all actually seen one out in the field?????

knox gsl
04-24-2011, 12:57 AM
There's a whole lot of photoshop going on there.

lukemelo216
04-24-2011, 12:58 AM
nope just in the brochure as well. I am really suprised they put the ztr up on top though, that would not be a fun mower to unload at all. fold down the rops and that could go on the bottom with the 2 standers up top. Looks like a neat concept though. Probably something a national would consider.

but yes i do agree now that i look closer at it, lots of photoshop. The top deck is slightly angled, not sitting level. And the 2 supports bars are slightly darker. also the front support bar goes up on an angle. And if you look on the curbside, there isnt a support bar there where the dovetail starts.

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
04-24-2011, 12:59 AM
I saw it in a recent issue of Turf. I don't think it's real, as it is unpractical because it would be top heavy if it was and the top ramp would not be functional if it were in that location on the truck. Good location for trimmer racks though! Ha

lukemelo216
04-24-2011, 01:16 AM
It could be done, but it would need some fine tuning. Basically cutting off the top cage box and just making it a bar up there or at least cuttign it in half. The ramp would work with some modifications to make it longer, its like the car hauler semis, or the big flatbed wreckers with the place for the car over the cab. Its just the way they have it isnt really optimal. I wouldnt put a ztr up there instead the standers. overall its a neat idea and would be great if your doing a lot of large commercial work. Especially now adays, with high gas prices, your knocking out pulling a 20-28' trailer

Southern Pride
04-24-2011, 01:44 AM
It's not real at all. It was just a photoshop for a john deere ad that said something like "double time" or something to that effect. They've never actually made one of these. What's weird is your friend who "saw" one...Doubtful.

knox gsl
04-24-2011, 02:05 AM
What's weird is your friend who "saw" one...Doubtful.

You said it, I thought it!

srl28
04-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Wow! Are you guys serious lol?? Made my day

White Gardens
04-24-2011, 10:56 AM

Ditto!....

knox gsl
04-24-2011, 11:31 AM

More than that, really look at the picture. The beds don't line up with each other, trimmers mounted 9 feet in the air, WB mower on the bottom has the deck cut off, Billy Goat blower, I mean John Deere blower, had handle cut off. How do you get that 1500lb ZTR off the top with that gate. You have 5 mowers and only 2 trimmers, 1 edger and no backpack blower???? Also there is more equipment than seats in the cab of the truck, well maybe, the most likely crew members are know for getting a few extra people in a vehical. All I've got to say is that if you advertise something at least try to make it realistic, and get someone who knows something about the industry to proof the ads you put out.

ok4me2xlr8
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Really? It is a advertising thing it made you look didn't it, hence it goes along with the savings adding "UP". As for that your friend is full of $h!t. LOL!!!

93Chevy
04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Uhh...maybe you guys should check your facts...

My boss just picked one up last week...those are for real

jonny01blaze
04-24-2011, 08:44 PM
lol, people must be getting more gullible these days. On a side note if it was real, I'd hate to be the SOB to retrieve a trimmer at each stop.

93Chevy
04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey man, where in Pittsburgh are you? :waving:

jonny01blaze
04-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Airport Area and Beaver County mainly. I missed the Pgh thread you have going on.

93Chevy
04-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Airport Area and Beaver County mainly. I missed the Pgh thread you have going on.

Feel free to pop into that thread and say hi. Link's in my signature. I'm out in Cranberry/Mars.

jonny01blaze
04-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Will do, Thanks bro!

weeze
04-24-2011, 09:09 PM
the top ramp isn't even long enough to reach the ground :(

JB1
04-24-2011, 09:14 PM
you wouldn't believe some of the stuff i've seen after a nite out partying.

mayorofperryville
05-06-2011, 10:43 PM
gate would have to swing down and out ant there would be more trusses to support the top also the rail on top would be taller for safety. what kind of crack are you smoking? Really? its an ad thats it. the insurance companys would never bite and someone would have to be a moron to think this a good idea.

South Florida Lawns
05-07-2011, 01:25 AM
the double stack dump truck is even more practical.

Capemay Eagle
05-07-2011, 12:12 PM
gate would have to swing down and out ant there would be more trusses to support the top also the rail on top would be taller for safety. what kind of crack are you smoking? Really? its an ad thats it. the insurance companys would never bite and someone would have to be a moron to think this a good idea.

LOL, First thing I said was, how do you get the top gate to the ground.LOL ANd I would like to see that truck go under an over pass, that would get the mower down quick!!

Glenn Lawn Care
05-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Its definetly not a real photo.... Why would the trimmers be mounted on the top deck?:hammerhead: :dizzy: there is alot of gullable people out there.

jmt
06-03-2014, 01:02 AM
It is real
I've seen it