PDA

View Full Version : ponds and waterfall lighting problem

steel05
04-24-2011, 08:26 AM
I started up a pond last week and the homeowner asked be to change out the light bulbs in the pond. I did as she asked. Yesterday she said two of the four aren't working. I would like to fix them for her, but I really don't know where to begin. Do I replace the light fixture. Which I feel is what needs to be done. Any help would be great on this topic. Thanks

Precision Pondscapes
04-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Without seeing it that is a tough call....The ones that are not working pull them out and check the bulb and the seal. They may not have sealed properly after putting the new bulbs in...If there is water let them dry REAL GOOD then put a new bulb and go from there. If they are sealed the inverter boxes on pond lights on certain brands are known to cause issues as well. Hope this helps but without seeing it it is hard to say but they are the 2 most common problems

GreenI.A.
04-26-2011, 04:42 PM
another real common problem is if you replaced with the wrong wattage bulbs. Most commercially available systems (not the lights from the box stores) are designed around the wattage. I find that when there is a repeat problem 9 times out of 10 it is not the fixture it self. There is a landscape lighting forum on here where you'll find more answers.