PDA

View Full Version : Lawn boy self propell question

Diddy
04-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I have a lawn boy silver series self propelled mower. im looking to get an easy stride or a 3 speed gold series. If i found a gear box for an easy stride could i just swap it with the one i have in my mower and then get the easy stride handle?

Let me know idk if any one you have done this before
I appreciate your help

lawnboy dan
04-24-2011, 07:35 PM
you are way better off sticking to your 1 speed than going to easystride. it sucks bigtime for comm use. 3speed wont fit the silver series body either. easy stride does not do anything but slip the belt to very the ground speed. just as the bail on your silver series does. its all a marketing gimmick

Diddy
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
thanks for the input. even though their both duraforce engines i couldnt get a 3 speed handle and cables and swap the gear boxes?

lawnboy dan
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
better off looking for a 3peed gold . these are the most powerfull 21 $ can buy and will cut anything. the older model with the f series engine is less $ used and just as good and actually more reliable than duraforce. 3 speed trans dosnt fit on the 10323 silver series body but you can put the engine on a 3 speed body if you found one with dead motor

Diddy
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks. So i can put a duraforce engine on a gold series if the f series engine is bad? arent the holes to secure the engine to the deck different for each engine? would i need to drill different holes into the deck? Thanks i appreciate your help