PDA

View Full Version : Blade Questions

slong1958
04-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi to everyone I'm new to the site and have a couple of questions.I've been looking around on the site about gator blades and need some info.I'm running a 48" exmark lazer z hp with a mulch kit and mulching blades is there a better blade to use with a mulch kit.Also seen where some guys just block off the discharge but my brother tried this and it left a trail on the discharge side.Need so suggestions on cutting in the early spring,do I use the mulch kit or not.

Thanks

bohiaa
04-25-2011, 09:21 AM
go to www.texasmowerparts.com

it's Cheeper

slong1958
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks for all the info.

gasracer
04-25-2011, 10:16 PM
If you use a blocker plate you have to mow in circles to keep the row moving to the inside. It makes it look great as long as you do it that way.

cpllawncare
04-28-2011, 07:32 PM
If you use a blocker plate you have to mow in circles to keep the row moving to the inside. It makes it look great as long as you do it that way.

So your saying I need to take the blocker plate off if I running the mulching kit? Are the gator blades the way to go? I'm running a 40" toro grandstand with mulching kit.

BigGreen1
04-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Slong,

You need wavy mulching blades with a mulching kit. I only use the gator blades in the fall on leaves.

http://www.expressmowerparts.com/Bad_Boy_16_1_4_Wavy_Mulcher_Blade_p/28-616bb.htm

Check your center whole diameter.

Tim

gasracer
04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
So your saying I need to take the blocker plate off if I running the mulching kit? Are the gator blades the way to go? I'm running a 40" toro grandstand with mulching kit.

Some people like gator blades but I only use them for leaves. I use high lifts and just use the blocker plate. I don't run the mulch kit on any of my machines.

TJSTONE
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I use gator blades for leaves both fall and spring when I do 1st mowing. Hi lift the rest of the season. I really like that way gator blades work on leaves.

cpllawncare
04-29-2011, 12:57 AM
So to get this straight, I need to do away with the mulch kit, keep the blocker plate and go to hi lift blades, and switch to gator blades in the fall with the leaves?

JDiepstra
04-29-2011, 01:05 AM
It depends what you wanna do. If you wanna truly mulch, you need a mulching kit and mulching blades. Gators leave an ugly strip of clippings behind.

cpllawncare
04-29-2011, 01:11 AM
I use gator blades for leaves both fall and spring when I do 1st mowing. Hi lift the rest of the season. I really like that way gator blades work on leaves.

It depends what you wanna do. If you wanna truly mulch, you need a mulching kit and mulching blades. Gators leave an ugly strip of clippings behind.

Maybe this is a question for another thread, mulch or not to mulch? I personally like to mulch. I honestly don't see many guys mulching though?

TJSTONE
04-29-2011, 10:05 AM
My customers want it bagged. I use gators into the bag to reduce everything to manageable size. I'm in an S-10 and need to control both cost and volume. Mulching into the bag does both.

JDiepstra
05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe this is a question for another thread, mulch or not to mulch? I personally like to mulch. I honestly don't see many guys mulching though?

In my area you can not mulch most lawns year round. They grow too fast.

TJSTONE
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Sorry, I was unclear. I mulch leaves into the bag. Grass is bagged.