PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator Catcher

ron mexico75
04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Well thought I would post since I used my accelerator for the first time. Got the 4.15 for a 36" eXmark. Very pleased with the catcher. Looks to be very well built as far as all the welds are concerned. Very, very light, could not believe how light it was empty and for that matter, even when packed full.

Hooked right on out of the box, no mods at all. When using it, it packed clippings and leaf debris in their so tight it was like dumping out a brick of grass. It did come right out though without any excessive shaking or knocking of the catcher.

Very impressed with the product and the service I received from the guys at Accelerator. Would definitely recommend them and if needed, I will use Accelerator again without a second thought.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I was looking at one for my 36 gravely, how much will it hold, not the cu rating but how long n what type of stuff r u moving n putting in it b4 u have to dump?

ron mexico75
04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
I was looking at one for my 36 gravely, how much will it hold, not the cu rating but how long n what type of stuff r u moving n putting in it b4 u have to dump?

Hard to say man. I went around the perimeter of a front lawn approx. 2000 sq ft. Made it around about 3 times before I had to dump. Granted, the grass was about 4 1/4 inches tall and I was cutting at 3. I was bagging just to test. I would recommend bagging clippings if you have to double cut and want to leave a very clean finished look. Also this lawn had light leaf debris due to woods being on 2 sides of the house and it's always windy in this area.

I ended up cutting and the grass clippings were everywhere, shoot guard up or not it doesn't matter. The other part of the lawn is about 6000 sq feet. So, I attached the bagger and sucked up all the clippings after the first cut and dumped at the end only. It was packed so solid I couldn't believe it.

If you are planning on bagging entire lawns with this on the first cut, you'll probably be dumping a lot. I can't really give an accurate review for leaves only because it's obviously spring. However, if using gator blades in the fall I assume this will do great.

If you are planning on bagging entire lawns with this on the first cut, you'll probably be dumping a lot. I can't really give an accurate review for leaves only because it's obviously Spring. However, if using gator blades in the fall I assume this will do great.

grassman177
04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
we have 4 of them, love them too. we do have one though that has some pretty shoddy welding, and poor piece fitting as in the parts dont line up well and looked hurriedly assembled.

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE
04-25-2011, 08:16 PM
it took a while for me to consider them because of cost, but will say they are the best bag out there!

ron mexico75
04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
we have 4 of them, love them too. we do have one though that has some pretty shoddy welding, and poor piece fitting as in the parts dont line up well and looked hurriedly assembled.

I bet if you call them, or would have called them (Accelerator) not a dealer when you first received it they would replace it. At least to me, they seem to stand behind the product 110%.

Anyways, I don't know how some guys use ones made of steel. How freaking heavy is that empty let alone full.

PeterA
05-05-2011, 01:05 AM
That is true.

ray904
05-05-2011, 09:42 PM
i got a rakem catcher on my scag 48 wb didnt cost as mutch but been using it for 3 yrs

deerewashed
05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
wont get anything but accelerator from here on out. What i am waiting for now is the following:

A) an aluminum replacement bags for ztr bagging system, the cloth bags that come from exmark can sometimes be a pain to unload.

B) a full on ztr bagging system, hoses and everything!

C) this is a cool idea i though: an all aluminum mesh box for pickup, so you can suck them buggers(leaves) up into the pickup. just though it would look good and would be a good idea for fall cleanups.

PeterA
05-06-2011, 01:01 PM
I've thought of having our company manufacture aluminum bags for the rear bagging ZTR's. My concern with doing this is the expense and therefore the retail price on these.

R & R Yard Designs
05-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Peter I would love to have you make a larger ztr. I have a bluebird catcher on mine and the bottom of the hopper so starting to go bye bye, and I would look tits if I had one of yours on there all polished up like we did all of the other catchers of yours that we have. Now with that said if you need a tester please let me know. I would gladly work with you on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

PeterA
05-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I didn't know bluebird made anything for a ZTR. can you post a pic?

LawnTamer
05-06-2011, 08:05 PM

This makes me wonder if I just got a bad one. I have only bought/tried one Accelerator, and was impressed with the lightness, and the bagging capability, but the pin which latches the back shut never lined up quite right, and the welds that hold the mounting brackets all broke after a single season of light use, (I get 5-6 years of use out of the old style cloth bags with the plastic bottoms). I just wrote Accelerator off as a waste of money. Wonder if I just got a lemon.

docj78
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
It may be just with the BOP QUICK mowers, but I've heard that the Acclerator drags the ground when mowing low ( I mow my bermuda at 1").

Is this a universal issue with all baggers, with Accelerators design, or just the combo of the Acclerator design/Quick mower design?

I REALLY want a catcher, but need to be able to mow at 1"

nobagger
05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I bet if you call them, or would have called them (Accelerator) not a dealer when you first received it they would replace it. At least to me, they seem to stand behind the product 110%.

Anyways, I don't know how some guys use ones made of steel. How freaking heavy is that empty let alone full.

What was the cost? We had our first full day of mowing yesterday and one of our Gravely's has a steel, ugly yellow catcher and yes it's heavy even empty but with full of wet grass it almost takes two guys to load it into the truck and empty.

R & R Yard Designs
05-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Peter for you anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

PeterA
05-06-2011, 08:34 PM
The reason the catcher rides a little bit lower than the blade is to allow the bag to get a full pack. I do think the catcher we make for the BOP rides a bit lower than most, we actually raised it a bit about a year or so ago when they came out with a new deck. You can always call me to discuss your specific mower, and get a model that will ride a little bit higher. There are a few tradeoffs with this though in terms of the bag filling totally up. FYI our catcher rides the lowest right at the discharge, it angles up towards the back and towards the outside edge, so we do try to get the best of both worlds in having the catcher opening lower than the blade but higher at the outside edge and rear.

ron mexico75
05-06-2011, 09:25 PM
What was the cost? We had our first full day of mowing yesterday and one of our Gravely's has a steel, ugly yellow catcher and yes it's heavy even empty but with full of wet grass it almost takes two guys to load it into the truck and empty.

Three hundred and something I forget. I have a 3/4 ton truck and load it in the truck with one hand over the side while empty. I like mine.
Posted via Mobile Device