PDA

View Full Version : All this rain!!!

integrityman
04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
It has rained nearly every single day here in NW Ohio. Some of my properties are sooooo saturated I cant even walk on them without sinking in up past my ankles....let alone getting on them with a mower..... ARGHHHHHH!

Thomas Grundy
04-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Life isnt much better here in Loui either. Got two more days of it too.

rcslawncare
04-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Rain has been non stop here also, I can't complain too much, cause I can find blocks of time to get stuff done or push mow smaller yards when its wet, but a drought will be worse. Personally, Id rather it be snow...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-26-2011, 12:40 AM
I agree, drought is absolutely worse. At least you know you have mowing waiting for you when it dries a bit. Drought = no mowing for weeks assured.

Ask Texas what they prefer...

Flatop
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Send some of that our way. We have been at a stage 1 water restriction soon to be 2.

nightshutter
04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I can only get 2-3 days of good weather out here. snowing today! now sleet. not sticking though

White Gardens
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Constant rain here in Central IL. The kicker is not having any sun or higher temps to dry things out. All my landscaping projects have all been bumped forward about 3 weeks now.

I'm just glad I don't mow but 3 yards. I've seen a lot of guys out in the rain mowing, and that has to stink. (Been there, done that)

Could have the extremes though, drought in Texas or major flooding in Arkansas and Missouri.

Mickhippy
04-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I knew somewhere over there would have problems.
I have had MAJOR rain problems all season. In fact, I should be out working now but had showers last 3 days, some VERY heavy! I probably wont work rest of week.
Im down between $20 and $30k of income because of it.

As gardeners/mowers, we need some rain but man, this year has been a nightmare!

Thomas Grundy
04-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Send some of that our way. We have been at a stage 1 water restriction soon to be 2.

lol The jet stream coming straight across texas meeting with the other in Kansas it was has been nailing us for about 5 days now. I dont like mowing in the rain but there hasnt been much of a choice until thursday when it stops.

rob640
04-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Wow... i wish we had rain here! I was excited the other morning just to see some fog, and dew on my windshield! But it hasn't stopped me from mowing, atleast my irrigated properties.

BigGreen1
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
SW Ohio will have over 13 inches tonight. This will set the all time record here. That's 13 inches in April.

Tim

QualityLawnCare4u
04-27-2011, 10:02 PM
ARGGHHH, please send me some!! I mowed a big yard today and had to keep a wet towel over my mouth and nose to keep from choking on the dust and no rain in site! Usually this time of the year I am having to double cut yards they are so lush from all the rain but not this year.