PDA

View Full Version : redmax BCZ2450T VS Husqvarna 326/327LS

HS7885
04-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Looking for a new trimmer. Cant decide between the two. Right now we run Stihl FS80R and the older Redmax 2400s. So Im looking for something similar. The husky 326 is only 9lbs but its not a high torque trimmer. Basically looking for the best lightweight trimmer that gets the job done. LMK. Thanks.

ashgrove landscaping
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Husky all the way

RollingsFarms
04-25-2011, 11:37 PM
i have the Husky 326ls and am acctually looking at replacing it with a Redmax trimmer here pretty soon. i can attest that the Husky doesn't rev all that high and the vibration could be better. it's not terrible, but not anything to write home about either. it would be a good backup trimmer, i wouldn't want it to be my "go to" one though.

Thunderhead
04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Looking for a new trimmer. Cant decide between the two. Right now we run Stihl FS80R and the older Redmax 2400s. So Im looking for something similar. The husky 326 is only 9lbs but its not a high torque trimmer. Basically looking for the best lightweight trimmer that gets the job done. LMK. Thanks.

I'm seriously considering the RedMax BCZ 2460 TS trimmer. Either that one or the BCZ 2660 TS, which is $44.00 more... I'm having a tough time deciding.

How do you like the RedMax trimmers? I've never owned one but I do have a RedMax blower.

Alan0354
04-26-2011, 12:00 AM
I take the 326 any time of the day. Too many complains about extreme cold nature of RM and need a lot of time to warm up. Until recently, only the 25cc trimmer address the problem with an added pump for accelaration that supposed to help the cold problem. Unless they improve the strato engines, you need to really try before buy. Do a search here, many many posts about RM need special way of starting and warmup, something like turning the engine up side down and all. Do you need this? But the good side is no complains on the reliability of the RM.

Lbilawncare
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
I have never had to turn my RedMax upside down. I highly recommend the 2450 MaxTorque. Lightweight, smooth running and a ton of power for its size.

HS7885
04-26-2011, 02:32 PM
i have the Husky 326ls and am acctually looking at replacing it with a Redmax trimmer here pretty soon. i can attest that the Husky doesn't rev all that high and the vibration could be better. it's not terrible, but not anything to write home about either. it would be a good backup trimmer, i wouldn't want it to be my "go to" one though.
What kind of work do u use it for? U run it without the guard?
Posted via Mobile Device

HS7885
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm seriously considering the RedMax BCZ 2460 TS trimmer. Either that one or the BCZ 2660 TS, which is $44.00 more... I'm having a tough time deciding.

How do you like the RedMax trimmers? I've never owned one but I do have a RedMax blower.
The Redmax are always first off the truck before the fs80rs. U do have to warm them up by holding it on its side but it doesn't take more than a few seconds. Both Redmax I have are the same way and I still prefer them over the stihls. I like that the 326ls is only 9lbs and has more power than the Redmax I'm looking at. Just worried about reliability. Never used the new high torque Redmax yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan0354
04-26-2011, 03:14 PM
The Redmax are always first off the truck before the fs80rs. U do have to warm them up by holding it on its side but it doesn't take more than a few seconds. Both Redmax I have are the same way and I still prefer them over the stihls. I like that the 326ls is only 9lbs and has more power than the Redmax I'm looking at. Just worried about reliability. Never used the new high torque Redmax yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

From reading posts all these years here, both RM and Husqvarna have very good reliability record, very very few complains on breaking down. So I don't think this is in the equation......Which is a good thing.

HS7885
04-26-2011, 07:52 PM
From reading posts all these years here, both RM and Husqvarna have very good reliability record, very very few complains on breaking down. So I don't think this is in the equation......Which is a good thing.

Thats good to know. We actually just switched the old backpacks we had to 7 new Husqvarna 180/380bf. Reason I question quality is because I know these are a Redmax with a different color.

morgaj1
04-26-2011, 08:02 PM
The Husqvarna 326LS is a Husqvarna-designed product, not a rebadged Redmax. It is plenty reliable. Do a search and you will see many people speaking to the reliability of this model. I have one and love it. It cranks in 1-2 pulls every time and is ready to go with no warm up at all. It has plenty of power as well. It does vibrate more than other trimmers I have used, but this is the price you pay to have a trimmer this light.

HS7885
04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Yea I was referring to the backpacks. I know this is husqvarna built. I wish I could try one first. Have u used the newer 327? It's a little heavier but not sure what the difference is.
Posted via Mobile Device

morgaj1
04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Yea I was referring to the backpacks. I know this is husqvarna built. I wish I could try one first. Have u used the newer 327? It's a little heavier but not sure what the difference is.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have not tried the 327 yet. The way I see it is that the 326 is the last of the good 2-strokes. Once they are gone, we are stuck with catalytic converters, strato-charged engines or 4 strokes.

pressley10r
04-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I just recently got a husky 326 after using echos for years. I agree with what everyone else is saying. Not that powerful, but extremely light, 1-2 pulls and NO warmup necessary

Alan0354
04-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Stock up the 326 and 223. All the strato engine is not necessary good news. It is all individual. You have to look into one engine at a time. Read posts here and get an idea.

I can tell you the only strato type engine I have that is very good is the Kawasaki JK65 used in Maruyama BL8100 and Kawasaki KRB750 bp blower. It is not cold nature at all. 2 pull start and don't bog on throttle even it is stone cold. The others, if anyone has good luck on certain strato model, please post and let us know. That's the only way to find out. Word of mouth is very important in this new strato stuff.:waving:

HS7885
04-26-2011, 11:14 PM
i really have no problem with my older Redmax strato engines. Like I said they take a few secs to get going but nothing I see as a problem...

I just realized Redmax makes a lighter trimmer than the 2450t. The TR2350s. I did some searching and it seems like a great trimmer. I might try that since my local Husqvarna dealer only has 1 326LS left. The said the 327 has a new handle and is 1.5lbs heavier...

chuacro
04-27-2011, 12:51 AM
I like the husky trimmers.

HS7885
04-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Decided to try the redmax 2350s. If I dont like it Im gonna get the 326ls.

Thunderhead
04-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Decided to try the redmax 2350s. If I dont like it Im gonna get the 326ls.

Please, let us know how it does for you.
I'm seriously considering the RedMax BCZ2460TS, BCZ2660TS, or an Echo SRM-265T... Just waiting on my income tax money! lol

EastCoast
04-30-2011, 05:25 AM
I just purchased the RedMax BCZ2460TS yesterday and love this machine. Makes trimming easy, compared to my fading Stihl.
Posted via Mobile Device

jomeokee
04-30-2011, 07:17 AM
This is an interesting thread.

What exactly is a strato engine? Is is exclusive to Redmax?

Thanks,

Tom

Thunderhead
04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I just purchased the RedMax BCZ2460TS yesterday and love this machine. Makes trimming easy, compared to my fading Stihl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Please let me know how it does in the thick stuff... Also, what should I expect to pay for it including tax? Thank You.

Alan0354
04-30-2011, 04:10 PM
This is an interesting thread.

What exactly is a strato engine? Is is exclusive to Redmax?

Thanks,

Tom

No, only the name strato is exclusive to RM. The technology is just scavanger technology. Kawasaki/Maruyama, Tanaka, have this for a long time, now Echo and Stihl caught on with their new 2 cycles. I might even miss some other brands.

It is basically injecting a shot of pure air in between the exhaust cycle and the intake cycle. ( well not really cycle like the 4 cycle). The idea is in the old 2 cycles, during the exhaust gas come out, the fresh mix inject in at the end and some of the unburn mix exit out to the exhaust unburnt. This is the polution. The technology inject a shot of dry air in between so it blow the last bit of exhaust out and the piston close the exhaust port before the mixture start entering the combussion chamber.

It is only a technology, different company have different ways of achieving this. Redmax call theirs Strato technology. Be aware, from posts here, seem like only Redmax has the extreme cold nature and need long warmup. Other companies don't have much complains. My Maruyama BL8100 pb is strato type, but it is easy to start, not much warmup at all.

Redmax coming out with a special pump to combat this problem, but from my last catalog, they only put it in the 25xx, not the others. Hopefully they extend to the rest of the strato lines.