PDA

View Full Version : Safety Guides

tjjn06
04-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Wanting to put together a safety guide and training regimen for new hires and pre season courses. I would like to include things such as PPE and equipment safety techniques.

How do you go about putting your systems together?
Is there (a) template(s) we can use to start from?

woodall1
05-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm looking for the same info.

GreenI.A.
05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
alot of insurance companies can provide alot of standard industry safety information. I contacted my GL agent and they had nothing, but then I called my carriers customer service number and they hooked me up pretty good with some industry specific safety stuff and send me a monthly packet that is general landscape/outdoor contruction safety. The best part is I sign it and my guys sign it after we go over it and I fax it to my agent and get 5% off my premium for it. I would check with your agent AND the carrier, they are usually pretty helpful if their is something they can do to prevent a future claim

tjjn06
05-26-2011, 11:25 PM
alot of insurance companies can provide alot of standard industry safety information. I contacted my GL agent and they had nothing, but then I called my carriers customer service number and they hooked me up pretty good with some industry specific safety stuff and send me a monthly packet that is general landscape/outdoor contruction safety. The best part is I sign it and my guys sign it after we go over it and I fax it to my agent and get 5% off my premium for it. I would check with your agent AND the carrier, they are usually pretty helpful if their is something they can do to prevent a future claim

Thanks, will try that.

Dr.NewEarth
05-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Go to the Landscape "Planet" website and see what they have. Also check with your local landscape association they may have some-thing you can purchase.
And call your government agriculture department. I have gotten training manuals
from ours.

JL123
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Try going to this website, http://www.landscapesafety.com/ They offer training programs for landscape companies. This might be what you are looking for.