PDA

View Full Version : Toro WB blades shutting off.

LCCaptain
04-26-2011, 08:19 AM
My bigger mower is down and I am using my back up mower (a 40" turbo force gear/ fixed deck) While I'm mowing my blades disengage and my pto bar pops into the off position. Anyone have this happen and how do I fix this?

Tuna3679
04-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Sounds like a kill switch issue, possibly a bad connection.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hometown
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Do you have pistol grip or t-bar steering? Mine are all t-bar and sometimes the inner bar will get tweaked and not be able to contact the switch evenly causing poor contact with the switch. Check the bar and make sure it is not bent and that it pivots correctly on the pins at the bottom. Also check the switch all over it is just plastic and can crack and wear in the mount that holds it in the handle. Good luck

LCCaptain
04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
I have pistol grips. Sometimes for no reason the bar just comes back to the off position. It's strange and since I didn't buy it from a dealer, I don't wanna take it to mine and get charged just to look at it.

pugs
04-26-2011, 07:44 PM
The belt engagement system needs to be adjusted.

LCCaptain
04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
The belt engagement system needs to be adjusted.

Thanks, I will take it to my mechanic to check that out when my other machine gets done.

Runner
04-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Don't spend money on a mechanic. Get a new switch for it (about 12 bucks, probably) and try it. If it isn't the switch, then you always have an extra for it, since this IS a wear item.

topsites
04-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Fracking unhook one of the wires from de switch and be done farting around with it,
this is an inherent weakness of Toro Wb's is that dang T-bar switch (it's bail activated)
if your hands aren't holding that bail just perfect the entire time, CLICK!
And I mean every darn time you hit a bump just right make you loosen your grip just slightly, CLICK!
I know, believe me, all I run is Toro Wb's.

Now one day you might spring for a new switch but they ain't no 10 or 12 bucks, more like 20 or 25 and no I'm not kidding.
You can get them at NAPA, they might be a little cheaper there but not by much.