PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat ZTR Mower?

ted putnam
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Guys, I own and operate a Fert and squirt company. I don't do mowing other than my personal lawn. My local small engine repair shop also sells mowers. The line he carries and recommends is Bobcat. Are these good quality mowers? They appear to be. I want something that will last even though I'll just be using it on my own lawn. I figured I'd ask the Pros. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.

Exmarkboy13
04-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes. Most all Bobcat mowers are great and durable machines. But just like anything, they need proper matienance. Check out exmark as well

ted putnam
04-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Yes, I am versed in the maintenance routine. I own 2 Z-sprays that we operate. I see the exmarks, graveley's and grasshoppers out and about all the time. I just haven't seen bobcats. That may be because he is small and the only local dealer.

pressley10r
04-27-2011, 08:12 PM
bobcat mowers are very good quality, thats the majority of ztrs you see in my area due to a high volume dealer that blows them out. I know one guy that has a couple with 3,000+ hrs; just overhauls the motors every 1500, but youre gonna have to do that with all air cooled kohlers

rreyn1812
04-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I've got the BobCat Fast Cat Pro with 48" deck and 20HP Kawasaki for use with small yards, and I've used it on some 2 acre yards at times. I love it. Got the Gator mulching blades and they work well on the machine. Good, solid machine. Don't think you can go wrong.

tjjn06
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
We run 3 of them. They are solid machines. I would have to say they are one of the best value/feature mowers out there. One of them that we run is a '97 model (I believe).

THEGOLDPRO
04-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes. Most all Bobcat mowers are great and durable machines. But just like anything, they need proper matienance. Check out exmark as well

You dont even own a mower and your giving advice on buying mowers???

retrodog
04-29-2011, 06:49 PM
They are really good mowers and reasonably priced. I have a friend of mine here thats a dealer and got stuck with a big Predator Pro 61" with a 37hp kawasaki he ordered for a guy and they never picked up. I know he needs to move it, would prolly take $10000 for it, I would have to ask. We are not to far from Texarkana....

Exmarkboy13
04-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I have a 36 inch bobcat belt drive.

PROCUT1
04-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Bobcat is in the same category as Scag or Exmark. Its a Ford Chevy Dodge thing really.

I ran bobcats for years, the price was always within a couple hundred bucks give or take of the scags and exmarks so that was never a deciding factor.

vencops
04-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I chose the Bobcat Pro Cat 52, due to the local dealer and the fact that their distributor is local, also (never have to wait too long for a part, just in case).

It's my first ZTR, but it's performed flawlessly this season.

I'm hoping I made a good choice.

Good luck with your choice.

SouthSide Cutter
04-29-2011, 08:56 PM
I bought two last year a 48 Hydro WB and a 27hp Procat. They both clumped in thick heavy grass and wet grass. Mowed great in dry and not to heavy grass. They aint no Scag with a velocity deck I can tell you that.

ProStreetCamaro
04-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I bought two last year a 48 Hydro WB and a 27hp Procat. They both clumped in thick heavy grass and wet grass. Mowed great in dry and not to heavy grass. They aint no Scag with a velocity deck I can tell you that.

Well see now there are two trains of thought on deck design. The velocity deck is designed to move high volumes of grass which in turn means that it does not create as much vacuum as some other deck designs. That is good in thick wet grass but it does not give that smooth clean crisp carpet like cut quality. I see it all the time around here. I can ride by a lawn and tell you if it was cut by a scag or not.

Then on the other side of the fence is mower decks like the UltraCut and bobcats deck. They are designed to create maximum vacuum to stand the grass up so that it gets cut super clean and crisp which in turn means they can not handle as much volume and they tend to clump in damp conditions.

Me personally I choose the superior cut quality which is not a scag.