PDA

View Full Version : Zero Turn Mower Recommendation

HUNTER1
04-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, I just finished building my first home and planted some bermuda grass this weekend. I have a 2 acre lot.

Obviously I'm in the market for a zero turn mower and need some assistance with choices. I want a mower that will make cutting time short and enjoyable. I also want a mower that is well built and durable. That being said I was planning on buying a commercial grade mower. My budget is about 7000 dollars.

After lots of research and shopping, (considering my limited knowlege on the subject) - I've come to like the snapper pro 61 inch cut (kawasaki engine) for $7000.

What are yalls thoughts on this mower - any better options or suggestions that immediatley pop into your mind.

All help is appreciated

MOHUSTLER
04-27-2011, 12:43 PM
They are fantastic mowers. Great cut and smooth steering. You will not be disapointed in that mower.

BestImpressions99
04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
For a homeowner wanting pro quality you can get a hustler home version and be happy and content for YEARS to come. The pro mowers are built for 10 hour use days 5 days a week totaling thousands of hours in the life of the mower. You'll be lucky to put 2 hours a week on the thing. By the time you need a new one you'll probably have bought another one.

Now if your bound and determined to get a pro mower even though you don't necessarily NEED one, Snapper is ok, I'd try to find a close out on previous year Toro, Exmark or Scag. Something else to think about is the added expense of the suspension seat you'll end up getting because a ZTR will kill your back. So with that said, you can get a nice large decked walk behind and be VERY happy with it. You're talking about minutes difference in cutting time and hundreds if not close to a thousand or more difference in price, including a two wheel sulky.

HUNTER1
04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
how long should i expect to spend mowing 2 acreas with a snapper pro 61 inch?

MOHUSTLER
04-27-2011, 05:18 PM
30-45 minutes tops. Saying that you dont have 400 trees.