PDA

View Full Version : Tank Pressure?

Keegan
04-27-2011, 06:26 PM
What pressure should I set my tank at to spray ICT's 123? I have a 100 gal. Lesco sprayer.
I know under certain pressure the little buggers can die but I don't remember what that # is.

Thanks!!

phasthound
04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
What pressure should I set my tank at to spray ICT's 123? I have a 100 gal. Lesco sprayer.
I know under certain pressure the little buggers can die but I don't remember what that # is.

Thanks!!

I do applications up to 150psi and have had great results.

FOL
05-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Try and bring it down a little. Did some tests under the microscope, it helps to drop the pressure. But you can run your sprayer at the pressure mentioned above.

Turboguy
05-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Those little microbes must be getting stronger. The last time this was discussed the consensus was that about 75 PSI was right and the little buggerrs started kicking the bucket around 85 PSI.

phasthound
05-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Those little microbes must be getting stronger. The last time this was discussed the consensus was that about 75 PSI was right and the little buggerrs started kicking the bucket around 85 PSI.

I know one company that has been brewing and applying ACT for almost a decade that has had great results spraying trees with high pressure piston pumps.

I also know that one major concern in the past was spraying ACT between 10am & 2pm because of possible damage from UV. Dr. Ingham has now stated after more research that this is no longer a concern.

This is a growing science and there is a lot to learn.