PDA

View Full Version : Premier Landscaping 2011 work thread.

Premier landscaping south
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Thought we would share some of our work.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=346679&highlight=walker+stripes

04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Some more pics of current work. That is a Stokes 16' orchard ladder with adjustment kit on 3rd leg. I love it!

04-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Here is a shout out to my man David Byrnes @ Hardscapes Unlimited. He is a good freind and the best IMHO in the Upstate of South Carolina. Here is some of his work. I sub out pavers and retaining walls to him. You the man Dave!

04-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Pic of my truck and trailer a bit overloaded but that happens from time to time on a large scale job as this.

Oakleaf landscape
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I would hate to see what you classify as WAY overloaded... Surprised you didn't break something. Hope them trailer brakes were working that day lol.

Nice work though. Never seen one of those ladders.

bobcat48
04-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Nice work and like your setup!

THEGOLDPRO
04-28-2011, 05:08 PM
That f150 was screaming.

deerewashed
04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
I have 2 of those ladders, 12 and 16 footers, only ladder i trust when i need a freestanding ladder.

FuturePilot4u
04-28-2011, 11:24 PM
nice ladder! :)

04-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Finished the job today! good to get a large job like this behind you. House will be a full maintenance account for me. Edged all bed with a machine edger and only hit one irrigation line. I skip a four foot section around the telephone, cable, etc. I always do that part by hand to better avoid tearing into a cable.

Customer is doing own mulch to save on cost.

Hey the truck still had some bounce in her springs in that pic.

Yep the old gas 5.4 liter was huffing and puffing Goldpro. Trans has got a little shake to her when pulling a heavy load. Always has.

Ladder is stable as all get out! I still get a little sheepish about heights when I climb to the top of the ladder.

04-29-2011, 11:24 PM
This is a result of helper not properly securing edger after last job of the day. Came home and bam, oh rest of my edger must be somewhere in the middle of I-385! To make Monday so much greater I will be making a trip to Landscaper Supply for a new edger. Any good suggestions out their pertaining to a new edger?

Potomac Lawns Inc.
04-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Ouch, as far as a new one we use all Stihl 4 mix, I have no complaints with them.

Potomac Lawns Inc.
04-29-2011, 11:40 PM
looks like the other trimmer on the rack is a stihl

04-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Have had good luck with stihl. All my other handhelds are stihl as well. Blower, trimmer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw. I was looking at a FS90 on craigslist for $250. Looks like it was never used.

05-01-2011, 12:47 AM
I ordered one of these racks today! http://www.trailerracks.com/trimmerracks.html

Hope I like the rack. Looks well built and functional.

It looks great and hope it will eliminate my shaft breaking problems. Even though employee forgot to strap down edger my homemade rack needed to go.

Also picked up a new Stihl FS100 to replace my JD Pro Stick Edger. Used it couple times today and like it.

Chevy z71
05-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I got the classic ones and like them along with a blower rack to.

05-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Took out a couple of pretty good size Pampas Grass yesterday. Cut around the perimeter with shovels and then hook the chain and rip em out!:weightlifter:

rcslawncare
05-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Looks good man, that F-150 was hating life with that load!

05-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Looks good man, that F-150 was hating life with that load!

After slicing through that grass with a pic axe, most of the dirt fell out of the roots. Although we filled up the trailer and then some with that yard. We pulled out other trees and creeping juniper. Backyard will be next week.

Mowingkid35
05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I always kind of wonder why you guys in the south that do the landscaping go with 2 wheel drive trucks?? I would think knowing that you haul heavy loads you would go with a 4wd

bmoorefield
05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Doesn’t that irritate you when you install all that sod and new landscaping but they decided to save on a finishing touch like mulch? Just to save a couple hundred bucks. The project looks great, it’s too bad they didn’t let you finish.
As far as the truck goes, it doesn’t need to be 4 wheel drive but maybe time for something with a higher GVW or towing capacity. I would be apprehensive to drive that f-150 with all the weight in that picture. I bet it made for a fun drive.?.?

05-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Couple more here.......black mulch is my house. I added the bed on the outside. Wife did the planting around bird bath. Grass to come in fall.

Stripes are from a full maintenance account of ours.

05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
We laid out some bails of pine straw today at a job site and when we came back to spread this one, a horse was eating our profit away!

05-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Here is the first cut with the Walker since laying dow the sod at this house. Very happy with the outcome of this job. I think their is some before pics of this job on this thread.

twobroslawns
05-13-2011, 11:21 PM
I always kind of wonder why you guys in the south that do the landscaping go with 2 wheel drive trucks?? I would think knowing that you haul heavy loads you would go with a 4wd

Traction isn't usually an issue hauling a heavy load. Honestly, if all you do is landscaping and mowing there is absolutely no reason why your truck should be 4WD. We usually don't get snow or anything like what yall get up north.

05-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Traction isn't usually an issue hauling a heavy load. Honestly, if all you do is landscaping and mowing there is absolutely no reason why your truck should be 4WD. We usually don't get snow or anything like what yall get up north.

Yeah I agree. Look I am from Detroit and yes 4WD is almost a neccesity. Down here when it snows you do not want to be on the roads in the first place. Inexperienced drivers and big hills.

I want to get a F-350 dump for my next truck. Yes it will be 2WD. Save time at the landfill and deliver my own mulch. Plus it will save room in my trailer.

BTW does a 4WD 1/2 ton have heaver springs in the rear end than a 2WD 1/2 ton?

08-23-2011, 11:55 PM
some pics of latest hedge trimming job.

eatonpcat
08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Nice looking work...Nice of you to feed the horse!! :laugh:

08-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Nice looking work...Nice of you to feed the horse!! :laugh:

Thanks...heck, never thought horses like pine straw!

pitrack
08-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice looking work

Yeah I agree. Look I am from Detroit and yes 4WD is almost a neccesity. Down here when it snows you do not want to be on the roads in the first place. Inexperienced drivers and big hills.

I want to get a F-350 dump for my next truck. Yes it will be 2WD. Save time at the landfill and deliver my own mulch. Plus it will save room in my trailer.

BTW does a 4WD 1/2 ton have heaver springs in the rear end than a 2WD 1/2 ton?

I think a lot of times 2wd trucks actually have a higher payload and tow rating than 4wd trucks. (Same truck one 2wd and other 4wd obviously)

08-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Just thought the weight of the transfer case, frt axle, hubs etc. would require heavier springs.

THEGOLDPRO
08-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks...heck, never thought horses like pine straw!

He did you a favor, he knew pine straw looks horrible and decided to eat it before you could put it down and destroy the look of the landscape.

08-25-2011, 10:56 PM
He did you a favor, he knew pine straw looks horrible and decided to eat it before you could put it down and destroy the look of the landscape.

I second that! We make more cash on mulch vs. pine straw. Pine straw fades quickly and has now aesthetic value to the land scape. Pine straw actually raises the ph of the soil over time.

The ole horse was crunching away. Sounded like he was chewing on a mouth-full of frosted flakes -the milk, when I came upon him.

rob640
08-26-2011, 01:17 PM
haha, nice gold pro nice..

09-02-2011, 12:28 AM
small pic but lets get ready for leaves fellas!

11-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Here is a couple of pics of a paver drive that my friend David from Hardscapes Unlimited did near Ashville, NC. I helped in this install and learned a bunch.