PDA

View Full Version : Ferris IS2000z-- price & ??

bondersma
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi GUys

I have been looking at ZT mowers for a very long time now, and have decided to go with the Ferris IS2000z. I have about 3 acres of very very rough lawn to mow, I have demoed the scag, exmark, toro, and ferris, and hands down the ride of the Ferris was like mowing in my lazyboy. That was a few yrs back when Ferris still had the old deck, and from what I have been reading their new ICD deck is like a scag, and suppose to be alot better.

I have considered used, but wow the prices seem high, and plus they all have the older deck which everyone seems to complain about.

Anyway to my question now, I have called the 5 closest dealers, or should I say somewhat close dealer and came up with the following prices.

52" deck w- 26hp kaw ---$8600 + 6% tax
61" deck w- 26hp Kaw ---$8999 + tax

Those to me seem way high, I did find one dealer selling what he said 2011 promo price of $7999 for 61" 25hp Kaw

ANd another said he would do $8480 otd , for the 25hp kaw 52"

That seems like a good deal of $7999 for the 61" , but my prob is I really wanted the 52", my land he is really bumpy and alot of small hills and slopes that come together that after demoing the 61" it seemed to scalp pretty bad.

Is the trimming of the 52" deck that bad on the is2000 model, after the demo of the 61 "machines it was tough for me to get around compared to my cub cadet tractor with a "50 deck I am used to.

So If there is a promo of the 61" for $7999 what would you think would be a good price for me to get the 52" if it was going for $8699. Is the $8480 otd seem fair?

Thanks
Bob

ashgrove landscaping
04-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Go with the cheapest... The 52 will cut and look better but if the 61 is cheaper it s really not that much different.

pugs
04-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Those prices seem decent. The 7999 is really good for the 61". The distributor is doing some special pricing on the 26/61, 30/61 and the IS3100 30/61 machines. However some of those dealers may have machines that werent bought on the special so that could explain the difference in pricing.

When you tested the Ferris did it have a suspension seat or not? All the new ones do not include a suspension seat. You can add a suspension platform for like 150 but not really the same thing. I have a IS2000 from the end of last year that is more pricey just because it has the suspension seat that they no longer offer.

Also one warning on the 52" IS2000. We just started with Ferris maybe 1.5-2 years ago. Sold a 52 IS2000 last year. Guy cut up one of his rear tires. Guess what...its a Carlisle tire but my Carlisle distributor cant get them. Only place to get them is Ferris. The 61 uses a readily available size.

bondersma
04-28-2011, 11:00 AM
The ferris I tested was actually the 3100 with the lc Kaw in it. It didnt have the suspension seat but I think it was what the called the high back deluxe seat, it was grey, here is a pic of the mower I tested. All i know is that it rode soooo nice, it was really really comfy. That suspension platform you are talking about is that from the dealer or elsewere for that price, I did a search for some seats and came across a ebay seller selling what claims to be a suspension platform you bolt on and is adj for $150 . I really want to get the susupension seat also, my yard is terribly bumpy, so bumpy that when I test drove the exmark, scag and toro lineup later in the night after each test ride I had such a bad back ache I could hardly walk beleive it or not.

Here is the link to the suspension seat I looked up on ebay.

cgi.ebay.com/SEAT-SUSPENSION-EXMARK-HUSTLER-KUBOTA-ZERO-TURNS-/150594849302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2310270a16

Is the 52" that bad for trimming you think, is is doable, Most dealers say they never sell em, but I think it would be better suited for my lawn .

Below is the newest seat I think Ferris has on their machines, I am wondering how it compares to the high back deluxe seat that used to be on the machines, like pictured below it. That is the seat that was on the 3100 I tested, it looks like the back is alot higher and to me, would see alot more comfortable. Maybe you can get them as add on , I dont know.
Thanks for all the help
Bob

meth
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I have been looking at Ferris for over a year- similiar to you I have an extremely bumpy yard - currently I cut it with a lawn tractor and even with that it beats the hell out of me. My neighbor has an IS1500 and I tried that and although it still knocked me around a bit it was no worse than the lawn tractor. They are good machines, I would prefer a 52" deck as well, but I'm only cutting just under 2 acres

bmurr
04-28-2011, 04:08 PM
I have been in the same boat. I had narrowed it to an IS2000 with a 26\52 or a 30\61. I had found a 2010 with a 31hp with a 61 ICD deck for 8300. I tried 1 last place that had both Ferris and Simplicity. They had 1 2010 Simplicity Cobalt with 30hp and 61in ICD deck for 8500. Since it was out of state, there was no sales tax. The Cobalt and the IS2000 are the same mower. Only difference is the color, and the Simp. has the roller on the back of the deck for striping. I have had it one week now and couldn't be happier.

bondersma
04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
hmmm, I now see that the IS2000z in the 52" only come with aluminum spindle, the 61" comes with the cast-iron spindle, both are greaseable.

Anyone having problems with their aluminum spindles on these Ferris mowers, its making me thinking now I should go with the 61" , haha back an forth I go.

mowerman1984
04-28-2011, 06:50 PM
it's the same shaft and bearings with a different housing. they are both extremely reliable. i wouldn't let that be your deciding factor. the 61 will have a loty more "trimability" due to the deck sticking out further from the machine. so if you have a lot of trees and fences to mow around the 61 will be a better choice.

mowerman1984
04-28-2011, 06:53 PM
the simplicity and the ferris are NOT the same machine. though they loog similar, the simplicity has a single belt drive to the pumps, and also has a lot less warranty. now do you think they would give the same machines different warrantys??? go ferris!!!

LexingtonKYcutter
04-28-2011, 08:15 PM
They are around $8999 here in Kentucky.

Green Feet Lawn
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
I just picked up my 2011 IS2000 26/52 last week. I paid $8150. I have used Ferris, Lesco and exmarks, and nothing rides like this machine.
Pros - ICD deck has better discharge than previous.
Operator comfort is awesome. I have the suspension platform

Cons - Still cannot stripe (even with the stripe kit)
Mowing in reverse leaves a trail of cut grass

bondersma
04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Green Feet Lawn
A few ?? for you if you dont mind,

I was wondering was that $8150 otd, or did you have to add tax to it also. THe dealer here for your machine is doing $8450 otd, or it would be $8000 before tax.

I was thinking I wanted to add the light kit, suspension seat upgrade ( approx $160 they said ) and maybe even the stripe kit. I was just curious how close I am to the bottom line on this machine. Want to work them upgrades in somehow.

THe suspension platform was that the same one for $160 they offer or did you get a full suspension seat for the $400 or whatever it is.

Any regrets on your mower so far, still torn between the 52 or 61, do you find it a prob to trim with yours with the shortness of the 52.

THanks guys for all the help

bmurr
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
The OP stated they were planning to use it to mow their yard. The homeowner warranty is the same for both mowers. Admittedly, the commercial warranty is longer on the Ferris. I am not sure about the number of belts to the pump motors, but the pump replacement belts are v-belts and are the same reference number for both mowers.

Green Feet Lawn
04-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi Green Feet Lawn
A few ?? for you if you dont mind,

I was wondering was that $8150 otd, or did you have to add tax to it also. THe dealer here for your machine is doing $8450 otd, or it would be $8000 before tax.

I was thinking I wanted to add the light kit, suspension seat upgrade ( approx $160 they said ) and maybe even the stripe kit. I was just curious how close I am to the bottom line on this machine. Want to work them upgrades in somehow.

THe suspension platform was that the same one for $160 they offer or did you get a full suspension seat for the $400 or whatever it is.

Any regrets on your mower so far, still torn between the 52 or 61, do you find it a prob to trim with yours with the shortness of the 52.

THanks guys for all the help

Unfortunately that price was before tax. And it is the actual suspension seat. As far as the stripe kit, it comes standard on certain models with the icd deck. Mine has it but it does not stripe very well.
I have had good luck with my Ferris mowers. No regrets, just wish it striped better.

Earth_Effects
05-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Im looking at the 61" is2000z w/ the 30hp vanguard. I found it for $9799 and $9599 then add tax and extras. Big investment but I like the bigger engine especially if I plan on bagging any grass or even leaf pick up with a debris collector for fall clean ups, it wont dog out on you. The 26hp kawi doesnt seem to have enough balls. I have a 2010 25 hp kawi, 61" ferris walk behind DD with bull rider and it has a tough time up some hills so i hop off the bull rider.
I also priced out the 61"is2000z w/ the 26hp kawi and the best price i found was $8499+tax. Then two other places was $8999. Ferris has an awesome finance thing going on right now.
Good luck. Let us know what you got and any pros and cons.

bondersma
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Thought I would Update for any interested.

After demoing the Ferris IS2000 with the 30hp Big block and 61" deck yesteday, I decided to go with the 61" over the 52" . THe 61'' worked perfect for me actually, I was concerned on a few hills and tight spots but managed to get around just fine.

So after returning the demo unit I put the order in with the IS2000 25hp Kawasaki with the 61" deck. I Know some on here say its a little week on hp for the deck but think it will suit me just fine for my use. That big block was awesome but a little much for my needs, hell I have been using a 18hp cub cadet tractor with a 52" for over 15 yrs here so think this will be a nice jump up :cool2:.

Guys I tell you what, over the yrs I have demo'd scag, exmark, toro, and of course ferris and hands down this machine is bad ass for the ride comfort and now with the new deck I thought it cut just as good as the others, I admit back when I did demo the IS3100 and the old deck it wasnt as good as the others and left alot of strings uncut but with the new deck I didnt notice any of that going on. I upgraded to the full suspension seat and WOWWW its like you just float right over every thing without even noticing, between the seat suspension and the suspension on the machine it is somthing everyone needs to try haha. If you have rough lawns you are cutting these ferris machines are the only way to go.

The demo unit also had a Mow-Blo attached to it, I only used it a few minutes but that was pretty cool, had the 2 switches mounted on the right stick for adjusting the blower up or down or forward or backwards, pretty slick but nothing I need

I ended up getting it for $9100 otd, that is with the upgraded full suspension seat ( $375 alone ) light kit, and stripe kit. Sounds like I did pretty good after reading some others prices you guys listed. Now just have to wait to get it, wont be here till next friday.

StanWilhite
05-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Thought I would Update for any interested.

After demoing the Ferris IS2000 with the 30hp Big block and 61" deck yesteday, I decided to go with the 61" over the 52" . THe 61'' worked perfect for me actually, I was concerned on a few hills and tight spots but managed to get around just fine.

So after returning the demo unit I put the order in with the IS2000 25hp Kawasaki with the 61" deck. I Know some on here say its a little week on hp for the deck but think it will suit me just fine for my use. That big block was awesome but a little much for my needs, hell I have been using a 18hp cub cadet tractor with a 52" for over 15 yrs here so think this will be a nice jump up :cool2:.

Guys I tell you what, over the yrs I have demo'd scag, exmark, toro, and of course ferris and hands down this machine is bad ass for the ride comfort and now with the new deck I thought it cut just as good as the others, I admit back when I did demo the IS3100 and the old deck it wasnt as good as the others and left alot of strings uncut but with the new deck I didnt notice any of that going on. I upgraded to the full suspension seat and WOWWW its like you just float right over every thing without even noticing, between the seat suspension and the suspension on the machine it is somthing everyone needs to try haha. If you have rough lawns you are cutting these ferris machines are the only way to go.

The demo unit also had a Mow-Blo attached to it, I only used it a few minutes but that was pretty cool, had the 2 switches mounted on the right stick for adjusting the blower up or down or forward or backwards, pretty slick but nothing I need

I ended up getting it for $9100 otd, that is with the upgraded full suspension seat ( $375 alone ) light kit, and stripe kit. Sounds like I did pretty good after reading some others prices you guys listed. Now just have to wait to get it, wont be here till next friday.

For the very best ride make sure your tires are aired up correctly. The max pressure figure on the tire is just that...."max pressure"....not the "correct" pressure for that particular application. I'd suggest running somewhere between 8-12 psi in all 4. I run 9 psi in mine. You'll experience an even better ride compared to them being over 12.
Congrats on the new toy! Stan