PDA

View Full Version : Hey, green light

worx
04-28-2011, 09:17 AM
I know your area was ravaged yesterday and I hope all is well with you and your family. Check in and let us know how things are.

Same for you Billy, you may of been low enough to miss most of it like me but let us know.

David Gretzmier
04-28-2011, 11:57 AM
we had some flooding and had a few folks who passsed away last weekend with about 20 inches of rain over a 3 day period. my best friends house was flooded and pretty much a total loss. but nothing like the tornado photos I have seen today. My prayers go out to all folks who have been caught up in the recent weather.

GreenLight
04-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Hey Steve,

Thanks so much for the well wishes and concern, awfully kind of you. My family and I are fine, but I can say we are much more experienced in cramming into a bathtub with a mattress pulled over the top of us (wife and daughter). We spent the better part of 3 hours bouncing between thinking it was over, only to see yet another one coming again and again.

Ultimately, we came out without a scratch and I was able to go to work on Thursday as if everything was fine. There are plenty in my metro area that were just leveled and around the state it was horrific. As tornados usually do, it seemed to pick on those who didn't have much to start with and totally displace them from the little they did. We had three tornado tracks (that touched ground) make a direct line right for my area. In all three cases, I couldn't help myself I had to step outside and see it. It would be eerily tranquil between events and then suddenly you would see the mass of low lying blackish gray clouds come over the horizon making a beeline. Yet, I would just watch them whisk by as they never formed or funneled above us. The reports were true though, crap really does just fall from the sky almost like large ash. This state certainly had it's share of problems without these events, lot's of people are in need of some mercy and grace for a while.

worx
04-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear your family is safe. That has to be an evil experience and an awesome one at the same time.

I have a trip planned for Cullman Monday, but I can't get a firm grasp of the "power" situation. I have a few contacts up that way but I either get a busy signal or answering service.