PDA

View Full Version : Live and Learn?

CustomGrounds
04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Alright, well ill start this off by saying im glad i can now laugh about it. Altho i lost 300 dollars. Please someone make me feel better and say they have messed up like this. Had a ten yard mulch job early this week, clean up edge ya know the regular stuff. Banged it out with great success and even beat my labor time. I got home was counting what i made for the day when i get a call from the guy we had just did the job for. "uh yeah i had an appointment today for mulch to be done" He is 605 terrace, we did 607 terrace. At first was freaked but said ehh write it off and the neighbor got a free job, well the real problem began the next day. The lady we had done accidentally freaked, has to be the 10% of this world who hates black mulch. She insisted we rake it up and get rid of it, then insisted we replace her brown mulch from last season. She threatened to take me to small claims if this wasnt done. Anyone pick up mulch that they put down the day before? Not fun believe me. Anyway everyone happy now except my wallet. LIVE AND LEaRN! check address three times no four times!

FuturePilot4u
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
I woulda left that $h!t downnnnn
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Wow, that sucks! I guess you didn't meet with the homeowner first or did you send a crew out on it. No I can't say I have ever done that before but I have plowed the wrong driveway before and I kept mowing a lawn for a few weeks after the owner had sold it (I never got the message from wifey). Not as bad as when I lived in East Haven, CT and a demolition company accidentally demo'd the wrong house, lol.

CustomGrounds
04-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Well yeah the demo thing def makes me feel better, and i tried to just say well throw brown ontop, she was not having it. "the roots have to be abl to breath!" she kept saying. Ha yeaaaa whatever

FuturePilot4u
04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Spray paint it :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
04-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I will give you lots of credit for doing what it took to make it right though!

Outdoors_Unlimited
04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
That sucks!!! Never done it with a mulch job, but last fall I did a cleanup at the wrong place.

Was helping a friend out. Seen the mailbox with the right address. Didn't bother to look at the address on the building. Spent 8 man hours doing a cleanup of a large commercial building. Yeah, the correct job took 2 man hours, and was a small house.
Posted via Mobile Device

CustomGrounds
04-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah, believe it or not when it was all said and done i felt great. This is my first year full time and some of the little stuff has been giving me stress. That stress is now gone! Juggling this fiasco has given me strength! Thanks for the support! It was sad tho, wasted five yards of the black that i had to pick up, put it down at my house, few sticks and leaves here n there but better then just chucking it. By the end of this i think the lady felt for me and i might of picked up some work for her in the future. Always...and i mean always find a way to turn a bad thing into a good thing!

THEGOLDPRO
04-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I have plowed a few wrong driveways, and mowed a smaller property like 3 times before the new owners came out and asked why i kept mowing the grass lol

Darryl G
04-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I have plowed a few wrong driveways, and mowed a smaller property like 3 times before the new owners came out and asked why i kept mowing the grass lol

Copycat...that's my story, lol.