PDA

View Full Version : New Guys can never weed Wack

HHlandscaping
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Why is it so hard to teach guys how to weed wack ?? Im on my 3rd guy this spring. when edging they either go to low or to much in ......I know im not the only one who has this problem

THEGOLDPRO
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Its tough for people who have never trimmed to get the hang of it. I had a kid who was working with us trimming a graveyard, we finished mowing the entire place before he was even done with 3 rows.

ProStreetCamaro
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Either some guys have it or they don't. If a guy does not pick it up in a week or less they will likely never be able to trim worth a you know what.

travski
04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
So true. I believe everyone can eventually do it.... Its just a matter of how long will it take/how long do you give them. I can practically run and trim at the same time.

Lawn-Scapes
04-28-2011, 11:57 PM
I hired a guy this week who had a year's experience with another company. You wouldn't know it though. He trims way to low and misses a bit. The kid has a good attitude and even took my trimmer home to practice. Had a long talk with him today and don't know how to make it any more clear as to what I expect. He promises he will get it. I'm giving him another week to pick it up... I hope he gets it.

TurnerLawn&Landscape
04-29-2011, 12:42 AM
have you tried having him literally follow behind you as you weed-eat the yards? my guy is an outstanding weed-eater and it's so nice not having to worry about it!

BAGHERVANCE
04-29-2011, 12:50 AM
It's really not that hard to teach anyone to trim. If they are not doing it good enough then maybe they never had someone teaching them who was any good at it in the first place. And no single person trims the same and if your so anal about it do it yourself.

LawnTamer
04-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Anyone can "weed whack" but trimming a lawn well is a skill. I think just about anyone can learn, if they are shown how and are the type of person who pays attention to detail. I have only had one employee ever that just couldn't get it, and he was just not a detail person.

Southern Pride
04-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Why is it so hard to teach guys how to weed wack ?? Im on my 3rd guy this spring. when edging they either go to low or to much in ......I know im not the only one who has this problem

AMEN! I can understand a NEW guy who hasn't done it before (but srsly who the hell has never used a weedeater?)

Anyway, my thing is I have "friends" say "Oh I cut yards with my dad all the time" so you figure the guy can lay down a edge, nope. I started my biz last year and I've been through 3 friends who have all trimmed/edged before and what they think passes as edging or trimming around stuff absolutely amazes me. I can't figure out if they think what they've done actually looks good or if they're just lazy?? Well 1 friend I know just half asses everything but it was a mistake on my part to hire him, and the other two, I just think don't really know what looks good or what to do, etc.

It's always the little things they can't do like lay a deep edge, or trim the end of a sidewalk median and make it a straight line where you have had to turn the mower, or will trim barely around a mailbox when you need 2 ft of trimming around each side when maneuvering the mower around it...

I make a point to tell them I don't care if you go slow, just do a good job, and still I get almost amateur results...When I get a for real "helper" he IS going to be able to freaking trim and edge the way I want it done. You are not the only one experiencing this at all. I've been pretty frustrated with it too. 10 years I've run companies and been the trim/edge guy and all that. I look back thinking how lucky they were to have me because I can't find anyone worth a darn!

And of course when you hire a "helper" it's always to do the trimming and edging which is the simplest thing they can't even do, but actually, trim/edge is alot of what makes the difference between quality guys and hacks. I need to start hiring strangers or something.

rywnygc
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
I am pretty darn good at it. I had a great teacher though. I know this might sound stupid, but teach him to "fly" it. This is how I was taught. I was told to think of it as I was flying the weedwhip. Too low and you'll crash and burn, have to keep it right at the level you want. When he sees bumps or rocks ahead, turn the head slightly and go around.

I know it sound stupid, but the guy who taught me was an artist with that thing. Once I got it through my head, I was doing great.

Southern Pride
04-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I had 1 of the 3 friends I previously mentioned work with me today for the first time this season and he took his time and did really well. Thank the lord. First time I have not had to go behind my helper on every yard.

Agape
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I tell guys to go fast as hell and accuracy will follow because a lot of times while learning they go real slow, and its more opportunity for the line to grab the ground and pull-same thing with the RPM's too low.
fast seems to let them learn faster IMO

Florida Gardener
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
People have a hard time bc they are scared to mess up...once you get confident it is second nature.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agape
04-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Also, when guys tell me they have experience, the interview is my truck and trailer in my driveway loaded, and I tell them "edge 10 feet of my yard"

Have weeded out the guys that "invented" their references that way.

Southern Pride
04-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I haven't found that to be the case at all. Running with a trimmer is awful pointless when it's just me and my helper. Having them take their time delivers quality and if he get's done trimming and edging real quick, big deal? I find that even if he takes his time we both always finish right about the same time and jump on the blowers.

I can see where some companies are more interested in the clock though, I'm just glad I don't have to sweat it.

Dr.NewEarth
04-29-2011, 11:15 PM
For the guys just starting out, think about this.

I think it is all in the initial training and time you spend explaining things to the employee.

You have to use the safety gear and wear the strap ergonomically
so that when the trimmer hangs loose, it is in a natural position for your
hands to comfortably hold the handle and trigger.

If your wrists are bent at a strange angle you can end up with injuries.
If you don't wear the shoulder strap correctly, you also put strain on your wrists
and will end up with carpel tunnel syndrome.

Alot of the key to trimming in my opinion, is in the way you balance the machine
with the strap, and offset your movements as you walk or run along.
There is alot of hand to eye coordination.

You have to know how deep you can let the line go into the soil along the edges before it bends over and does a bad job. You have to keep the line cut clean with the guard,
so that it operates properly and doesn't tear the grass or flail around.

I see so many guys without guards, throwing rocks and doing a bad job.

A regular horizontal trim is the easiest. It takes a while for some-one to be able to operate with finess and do vertical edging and tree circles at a gallop.
What I call vertical edging requires you to turn the trimmer on its side, so
that the line cuts towards the ground and doesn't send up flying rocks etc.

I can emulate the look of a hard edger with a line trimmer, which saves me
alot of time not having to dig out another tool all the time.

I start people off in low profile areas and monitor their progress until they operate the trimmer the way that I want them too.
Proper training and Safety gear used right from the beginning are important.

Employers are also obligated to have employees read all equipment manuals and safety information.

Having the employee sign off on each piece of equipment they are trained on is a good idea too. Keep the check list in their personel file.

I need people who can cut and then trim without being monitored all the time.
It takes less time to learn how to mow, so spend more time training people how to
trim from the beginning.

I hired a guy who had seven years experience, and he sucked at trimming.
He used the machine upside down! He threw rocks every-where.
His edges looked ragged
I was unable to train him, because he thought he knew it all.
Broken windows cost money.

I hope this helps the newbies.

Southern Pride
04-30-2011, 01:45 AM
lol you wear a "strap" with your trimmer? Oh lord...

All you need is yo trimmer and your shades. Not the bs safety gloves, safety underwear, safety this safety that.

ChristianJ318
04-30-2011, 01:49 AM
I've gone through a lot of Helpers because of their trimming abilities. Some have had years of experience and some had very light experience. My current guy has 6 yrs full time experience but still trims too low sometimes and I constantly have to remind him an edge IMO, is supposed to be 90 degrees but he always wants to edge at an angle (with a stick edger). Pisses me off to no end but I can't find anyone any better even though I'm willing to pay more than I should. If anyone knows a good way to teach someone please god post it! I've taught people the best way I know how and its still not working.
Posted via Mobile Device

soloscaperman
04-30-2011, 01:56 AM
What kind of unit is it? Give him a Husky 223 or 323 and he can use his pinky holding it. My trimmer "floats". You should be watching him trim and diagnose the problem from there.

johnyredd99
04-30-2011, 02:17 AM
working for several different companies before starting my own I can say what is trimming to one company is crap to the other. when i started i had push mowed my own lawn. and w/ training and patience... I cant say that i'm the best but well cultured in trimming. after learning the basics, practice and common sense of how that area needs trimmed. for one company it was burn it to the ground so it wont need it next week for another everything had to look like a golf corse. but finally hate to admit while working for a woman she taught me the finese. and i learned to blend both worlds. burn the stuff that doesnt matter. manicure the stuff that does and skip that stuff that can be let go.
I find the student even after 10 years of schooling can be taught by a good teacher. but only if he is still willing to learn.
a weed whacker is just an extension of your arm. time teaches you how to use your handicap to your best abilities...
not sure which is worse the stress of teaching a guy to do it your way or the stress of hiring yet another guy and then teaching him how to do it your way...

nobagger
04-30-2011, 08:55 AM

No your not. Read my post "Let down again by employee expectations". This guy put a huge hole in a down spout, weed waked the foam insulation off the side of this foundation and put a nice half circle in a very nice lawn because he thought he could bump the head in the lawn. Like I said in another post I replied to....Ive just about given up on hiring new employee's. I actually called a old employee from Cleveland to come back and he said yes!!! :clapping:

Turf Commando
04-30-2011, 09:10 AM
I always tell employee(s) to blend it in and keep it same level as my mowing height ..

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Sometimes the teacher is teaching wrong Who cant push a edger. If you are edging with a trimmer then you are doing it wrong So teach them right.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-30-2011, 09:55 AM

All you need is yo trimmer and your shades. Not the bs safety gloves, safety underwear, safety this safety that.

Whats wrong using a strap
i have to use a strap with my trimmers they are design for one
You run a backpack blower I run a handheld
You run a handheld trimmer I run a Shoulder strap trimmer
Whats the difference ??

Agape
04-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Whats the difference ??

Well, one way is really really stupid and gay, and the other is our way lol

PROCUT1
04-30-2011, 11:53 AM
One trick I picked up on early was not using enough line.

When I use a trimmer, I tend to have a lot of line out. Probably more than you should. Its not good for the machine, but I find it a heck of a lot better job with long lines.

After 15 years, I still cant do a nice job if I keep the guard on and let the line cut where the manufacturer thinks its should. But when I got that bastard strung out like a helicopter I can mow an entire yard with the thing as good as a mower.

Southern Pride
04-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, one way is really really stupid and gay, and the other is our way lol

Exactly

lulz

ed2hess
04-30-2011, 08:09 PM
What comes to mind is "blank can't dance" and now "blank can't learn to trim" go figure. We have a brand new guy that never worked in the industry and in less than a month is doing both edging and t rimming just like a pro. Oh he isn't a "blank" guy.

DoetschOutdoor
04-30-2011, 09:12 PM
My new guy starts on Monday!!! After getting over 40 voicemails for one part time spot from craigslist I found a brother of an acquantance that seems motivated and wants to work! Nothing like breaking a new guy in when I am soooooo behind and picking up quite a few new accounts to keep us running crazy.

XLS
04-30-2011, 10:18 PM
every person expects differently from trimming and edging and for a guy to tell you he is trained doesnt mean he isnt great just not to your standard. 90% of the problem with new guys is we expect it our way after going ok ron here it is let me see what you got .
then they get nervus once yo ugo out and go wait a dang minute what is this i cant bill them with this sheit ..... its all in how we manage the trainning .

The strap is Gaaaaaaay lol we you 223L husqvarnas and the poster on them is right with the guard on you can hit the ground all day at 1/2 throttle and you get good looks it floats . its almost idiot proof withthem they will bounce off where others will dig in and cut out a U shaped no no .

when they come out we show them how our guys do it , then we give them 15 minutes of opperations to get fimilur with the new weight and then we take them out in the main lot and tell them a false job order
...... ok ron i need you to cut me out at least a 30'x45' square i want it to be blended in to look mowed when we come back .we give them 5 minutes to finish ,5 minutes pass we measure the spot and judge the quality then we do it again with trimming around 400 concrete blocks ......we explain how we expect to hear the whissle or they need to bump it and we run test 2
then we show them how to spool the unit and give then 5 minuts to learn the process then we test them and note the time...if they work out good up untill then but they dont make our time to respool we will send them home with a foot assembly and tell then in the morning we wil lretest. we give a person 2 minute total from the time the engine hits the ground to take it apart pull off the string spool and respool and start the engine . if they cant get it we give them 1 day in the field and we fire more over the spooling then the quality.

XLS
04-30-2011, 10:25 PM
also i cant believe a poster made the statements he dont care how fast a person weedeats and trims then turned around and made a comment about trimming arounda mail box and how his guy trimmed 2'' and needed to trim 2' its all about effecincy and that isnt a business idea he is spreading its a hobby and a kids idea. everyone in the business knows its about trimming the right amount of area the first time at the right height as fast as possible with the proper quality .time is money and anything less is pointless. and most every person will have a higher standard in high visible areas where the homeowner can easily see and the farther away from view they get the lower the quality gets untill its a 5. or just keeping the height down

Southern Pride
04-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Yep I was quite pleased Friday with my one buddy who surprised me. (He worked with me a couple months last year and that's when I trained him)

I've found the best thing to do is actually take the time to completely show the guy how to do EVERYTHING regarding trimming and edging. Once you do that, give him a week to break in, and then there are no excuses.

dgw
04-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Yep I was quite pleased Friday with my one buddy who surprised me. (He worked with me a couple months last year and that's when I trained him)

I've found the best thing to do is actually take the time to completely show the guy how to do EVERYTHING regarding trimming and edging. Once you do that, give him a week to break in, and then there are no excuses.

good plan, to many people get handed a weed wacker and told go weed wack this large commercial property

take the time to show them the proper angle to the ground, the right length , do it over and over if you have to, not on a paying customers property though

and show them how to not make a mess with the clippings , explain to them ,where the mower cant go needs trimmed

and most important for big properties show them how to come up with an efficient pattern , or show them yours that you use

nothing kills more time than a guy wondering around looking for grass to trim

Darryl G
04-30-2011, 10:37 PM
If they've never done it before may as well teach them to trim lefty. It's so much easier trimming with a straight shaft trimmer lefty...none of this walking sideways/backwards.

Agape
04-30-2011, 10:45 PM
My new guy starts on Monday!!! After getting over 40 voicemails for one part time spot from craigslist I found a brother of an acquantance that seems motivated and wants to work! Nothing like breaking a new guy in when I am soooooo behind and picking up quite a few new accounts to keep us running crazy.

Oh my Gosh!! you put your Phone # in the ads!!?? you really may be a doetsch lol JK

I put my email and that I want a resume' and I get 20+ "hi I'm interested, call me!" and " I mow my own yard" (delete)

I seriously don't want these people to have my #:dizzy:

Agape
04-30-2011, 10:48 PM
If they've never done it before may as well teach them to trim lefty. It's so much easier trimming with a straight shaft trimmer lefty...none of this walking sideways/backwards.

I just yesterday began to try to train myself lefty after doing back walk for 14 years. ( Acouple of my accounts will have to forgive me lol) I go a lot faster, too fast and i bump my right hand with my knee. grrrr...:nono:

Southern Pride
04-30-2011, 10:50 PM
also i cant believe a poster made the statements he dont care how fast a person weedeats and trims then turned around and made a comment about trimming arounda mail box and how his guy trimmed 2'' and needed to trim 2' its all about effecincy and that isnt a business idea he is spreading its a hobby and a kids idea. everyone in the business knows its about trimming the right amount of area the first time at the right height as fast as possible with the proper quality .time is money and anything less is pointless. and most every person will have a higher standard in high visible areas where the homeowner can easily see and the farther away from view they get the lower the quality gets untill its a 5. or just keeping the height down

That was me there pedro and I can promise you, It ain't as crucial as you're making it out to be. I tell my guy take your time and make a good edge, also do all of your trimming as you go so you don't have to double time it. It's just me and him and he always finishes before I do when I'm cutting and starts blowing, so you tell me where the error lies in that??? There is no time to be made up, we always sinc up at the very end right about the same time.

I used to work for a guy who thought like you. Me and my buddy ran his company and he paid $10/hr after we both got used to the yards. He wasn't willing to pay us when things just took longer than 30 minutes per yard to do it THE RIGHT WAY, SO he said yall got 20 lawns to do and so I'm paying you for 10 hrs of work each no matter how long it takes you. SO we hauled ass right, burned through yards making his precious little 30 minutes a yard time. Well, I don't care what ya say when you have to rush everything quality IS going to take a hit. He ended up folding and losing all his customers. Lord knows whatever happened to him.

My point is, everyone runs a different operation. I happen to be in the business of selling quality work where we focus more on doing a good job than the clock. I let my customers know this too, and they eat it up. In all my 10 years never lost an account that switched to someone else. Only for valid reasons like moving, $$$, etc. Like I said though, even though my helper takes his time he still finishes about 5 minutes before me while I'm finishing cutting the back so by the time I'm loading up the mower, we roll. We still make great time on yards but if I have to spend 10 more minutes at a house to make it right, I do, and it always pays off. That's what makes the difference between 90% Avg. Joe Mow, blow, and go, and what we do.

You still feel the same about me telling my guy to take his time AKA "do quality work"?

Griffin

Darryl G
04-30-2011, 10:52 PM

I use a strap and even a full harness sometimes with my bike handlebar trimmer but that's for hard core weed wacking and you really can't use it without one or the other.

My son just stopped using a strap with his trimmer (Husqvarna 125L). He's short and has to keep his right arm up pretty high to get the proper angle and would get tired. Now that he's a bit older and taller and stronger he can get by without it.

The problem with a strap is that you're so limited in where you can put the trimmer. You can't reach it down a slope or poke it under a bush.

TTM42
04-30-2011, 10:56 PM
What is the benefit of edging with a string trimmer left handed? I do it right handed and can do it better than any edger could possibly do so Im just wondering why would you want to do it left handed?

Southern Pride
04-30-2011, 10:57 PM
I hear you but basically my thinking is there is no excuse for a healthy grown man 16+ to ever wear a strap. Man up and hold the dang trimmer. This is why I bought my redmax. It weighs nothing, I lovez it.

Darryl G
I just yesterday began to try to train myself lefty after doing back walk for 14 years. ( Acouple of my accounts will have to forgive me lol) I go a lot faster, too fast and i bump my right hand with my knee. grrrr...:nono:

I'm still trying to perfect it but it's so much less awkward then trimming righty and you don't trip over stuff, lol. I just wish I had the control trimming lefty that I do righty....some things I just can't do lefty...but for trimming along a wooded border or something I'm fine.

dgw
What is the benefit of edging with a string trimmer left handed? I do it right handed and can do it better than any edger could possibly do so Im just wondering why would you want to do it left handed?

its an advantage for trimming

you can walk forward without spraying clippings in beds or on concrete

TTM42
04-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Ill agree with you on that one wholeheartedly.

dgw
04-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Ill agree with you on that one wholeheartedly.

but i was never able to do it comfortably

Darryl G
04-30-2011, 11:11 PM

Because of the direction of rotation of the head on a straight shaft trimmer (counter clockwise) you need to trim counter clockwise or right to left (in most cases anyway). To do that right handed you either need to cross your arms or walk sort of sideways/backwards. If you hold it lefty (left hand on the throttle) you can walk forward in a more natural position.

XLS
05-01-2011, 12:42 AM
or you can walk to the right and swing your arm right to left to make it pull it away ......you take your step while your head is up once your foot gets planted you sweep it from the right to left side then take another step or 2 and sweep again . its way easier to remember dont swing untill your foot is down then it is the train left handed lol i love the guys who go about it the hard way

Darryl G
05-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Whats the difference ??

What kind of trimmers are you using that you have to use a strap? Bike handlebar ones? That's the only kind I know of that you have to use a strap for.

Agape
05-01-2011, 03:43 AM
What kind of trimmers are you using that you have to use a strap? Bike handlebar ones? That's the only kind I know of that you have to use a strap for.

I got a strap with my trimmer.

It's hanging on the wall of my garage with all my other straps- pretty much the only clean lawn equipment i have lol

Agape
05-01-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm still trying to perfect it but it's so much less awkward then trimming righty and you don't trip over stuff, lol. I just wish I had the control trimming lefty that I do righty....some things I just can't do lefty...but for trimming along a wooded border or something I'm fine.

I'm surgical walking backwards, just gotta train more forwards. pic is from "righty"

PS- lawn only account, so no greif about weeds (pulled a couple to take pic lol)

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-01-2011, 08:02 AM

yes back in 80s anything with power was a bike handlebar kind
You get started with 1 kind its hard try something different
Mostly ran stihl few years ran Husq now back to stihl
over years think I owned 11 stihls and 5 Husq since 1985

Agape
05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I took a picture of you today snyder!!

Southern Pride
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Bahahaha who the heck does that guy think he is? A fireman at 911?

There is NO EXCUSE for a trimmer strap unless you have only 1 arm.

soloscaperman
05-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Dude got gloves on as well. Where is his safety helmet ha ha.

Will P.C.
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
How come LCO never have any employees that actually know how to use a weedeater?

SNAPPER MAN
05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Bahahaha who the heck does that guy think he is? A fireman at 911?

There is NO EXCUSE for a trimmer strap unless you have only 1 arm.

I agree 100%. I use a Damn stihl fs-250 all day without a strap. Heaven forbid build up some muscle lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
05-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I took a picture of you today snyder!!

WTH, that's a stick edger....it's got a wheel on it...so what the hell is the strap for if the ground is already supporting it? And it doesn't look like there's any fuel in it either and there's a woman, a little kid and a dog right there...guess none of them can read the warning on his back, lol.

I think those warnings come on all the straps now. It's the manufacturers covering their tails...the result of some lawsuit I'm sure.

If you're using a string trimmer for an extended period, a strap really can reduce fatigue. And again, if you're using a bike handlebar-type trimmer you pretty much have to use a strap or harness.

Agape
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
WTH, that's a stick edger....it's got a wheel on it...so what the hell is the strap for if the ground is already supporting it? And it doesn't look like there's any fuel in it either and there's a woman, a little kid and a dog right there...guess none of them can read the warning on his back, lol.

I think those warnings come on all the straps now. It's the manufacturers covering their tails...the result of some lawsuit I'm sure.

If you're using a string trimmer for an extended period, a strap really can reduce fatigue. And again, if you're using a bike handlebar-type trimmer you pretty much have to use a strap or harness.

lol, Yes, I'm sure the dog can not read the warning or just doesn't care.:rolleyes:

Darryl G
05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
You know, not all of us are in our 20s and in perfect health. Some of us have medical problems or disabilities that require us to use certain aids or do things a certain way.

To say that anyone who uses a strap or a trimmer guard or whatever is an idiot or a wimp shows how naive and self centered some of you guys are. If someone wants to use a trimmer strap because they have tendonitis in their elbow or use a reach and grab tool to pick up stick rather than bend over or even use a freakin walker to get from their truck to their mower, you should be giving them credit for doing what it takes to get the job done, not poking fun. Grow up guys, worry about yourself and your employees and assume that if someone is doing something a certain way with a certain tool, there's probably a reason for it.

Darryl G
05-01-2011, 11:20 PM
BTW - Any ideas on how to rig a wheel kid on my trimmer so I don't have to hold it up...I was thinking maybe a caster wheel from an office chair or something...I keep wearing out the bump knobs by resting it on them...or maybe i should just get one of these ;)

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-01-2011, 11:50 PM
You know, not all of us are in our 20s and in perfect health. Some of us have medical problems or disabilities that require us to use certain aids or do things a certain way.

To say that anyone who uses a strap or a trimmer guard or whatever is an idiot or a wimp shows how naive and self centered some of you guys are. If someone wants to use a trimmer strap because they have tendonitis in their elbow or use a reach and grab tool to pick up stick rather than bend over or even use a freakin walker to get from their truck to their mower, you should be giving them credit for doing what it takes to get the job done, not poking fun. Grow up guys, worry about yourself and your employees and assume that if someone is doing something a certain way with a certain tool, there's probably a reason for it.

Thanks
I nothing wrong with my health
With a Strap on Bikehandles its the balance of the trimmer. The head of the trimmer never rides on the ground. I have it set where you don't hold it down,hold it up and pitch stays the same You can trim same height as you mow
Over years people I hired lot has been College kids and lot them has work for other people after they work for me they like the strap bike handle trimmers always say its more balances Walk upright never trim bent over. I see so many people trimming with handheld trimmers always bent over unless you are a short guy then your not
So don't kick it till you try it
This site a nice place to read and post but there a few act like first graders

Agape
05-02-2011, 12:23 AM
BTW - Any ideas on how to rig a wheel kid on my trimmer so I don't have to hold it up...I was thinking maybe a caster wheel from an office chair or something...I keep wearing out the bump knobs by resting it on them...or maybe i should just get one of these ;)

That may still be kinda heavy with the strap lol

Mark Oomkes
05-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe they need to be taught to trim and not whack weeds.

Michael J. Donovan
05-02-2011, 06:00 PM
ok guys...let's refrain from the name calling and move on

thanks