PDA

View Full Version : Bring your dog to work

williams lcm
04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
We have an lco around here that brings his dog along with him to work. The dog just hangs around the enclosed trailer . When the lco leaves the dogs just hops into the truck cab. The dog is real good and does not venture far. He just drinks his water or looks around. Very good dog. Anyone thought about doing this? It might pick up some more pet friendly customers.

nepatsfan
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
It would be kinda cool but as a whole I think it is kind of unprofessional. I love my dog and I bring her around to do estimates with me sometimes...not sure about that situation though??

Lefet
04-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I would love to bring my dog to work, he would do wonders for scaring off thieves. Only problem would be him wandering off, friendly, nosey little sort he is.

flatlander42
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm thinking about bringin my dog with me. I'd pry just setup the passenger seat for him. I feel bad leaving him alone all day. He is the one on the left. The other one is my brothers. I don't think he would be a good guard dog tho.

And no, I don't think it is weird at all. There is a lot of people that bring their dogs around town with them here.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/masternate42/picsfrommomscam002-1.jpg

CHRIS92789
04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
It is an awesome theft provention option... maybe not the pugs but a rottweiler or another dog... lol :)

ashgrove landscaping
04-28-2011, 09:56 PM
I've been bringing my two labs with me everyday for 11 years. Now only one. They love going to work. I believe it makes them better dogs. They do get a little pushy when I just head out of the house without them once in awhile. On super hot spells. The customers love it as well.

rain man
04-28-2011, 10:03 PM
What about bathroom visits?

ashgrove landscaping
04-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Well we live in the sticks so there's no problems in that department. As well as customers with big fields and woods. Everybody's cool with it. The dogs know where to go and I try to train to go away from the house and yards.

rain man
04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Had a rooster named Carl and a goat named Oscar. Both had a mind of their own however and would never have conformed to a structured life. Chickens are especially cool.

Green Feet Lawn
04-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I bring my dog everyday. She rides in the extended cab. We have permission from a few pet loving customers to let her out. When we get out, she usually jumps into my seat. She knows when I put on my workboots, its time for work.

mowcrazy
04-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I take my dog a little bit of everywhere. I take her mowing with me when Im not gonna be around busy roads although she doesnt seem to wonder towards the roads anyways. I take her mowing, to the track at the park every morning, and most of all she is the best fishing partner you could ask for.

gebby
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I had a customer once who had a Rooster. His name was Brooster. One day I puuled up to the station. Some one had hit and killed the Rooster. They buried Brooster in the flower bed. The sign said. Here Lies Brooster The Rooster. Roosters are cool.

Tm250
04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Probably not a good idea taking mine to work with me....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/caddoalan/Caddopicture-1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/caddoalan/vcxz.jpg

Dogbonz
04-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Mine would make me waste time,, as Everyone wants to cuddle and pet her,,,