PDA

View Full Version : So many questions. Great Feedback!!!

ConnorMike
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Just started out. I dont have much exp, besides working for a couple summers mowing.

Anyways.

I am getting great feed back from my customers (only two lol) but 3 more lined up already and I am in my 2nd week I find myself to be very anal about the details of my work. For example I have

Edged
Pressure Washed
Deep raked (even though I wasn't asked)
Clean out bush area that hasnt been cleaned in years

all for FREE!!!!!! WTH

I must have spent at least 10+ hrs on this. My rational is, maybe the word will spread and bring in more customers, which seems to be working.

Questions for the professionals?
How long should it take me to EDGE by hand?

How long should it take me to lay a yard of mulch?

How much old much do you remove before laying new?

Do you take $$ off the bill if you are leaving a sign if approved from customer?

HOW DO I BID COMMERCIAL ACCTS AND WHERE DO I GET LIABILITY INSURANCE IN MASS? Can You use your Liability Ins. in two different states?

Where do you spend your advertising?

When blowing debris (BTW just bought the redmax 8050 f-ing thing is awesome) I find it hard to controll the direction of the debris, any suggestions?

meets1
04-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Your excited!! That is good though. Thats what it takes to survive and be in business yourself - lawn care biz or some other. Instead of all the questions, do a search for each topic you have questions on, if you dont find an answer someone on here will be able to help you out.

Welcome and best of luck to ya this year.

ConnorMike
04-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up!