PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Gravely today

D&K Lawns
04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Picked it up today.

grassman177
04-28-2011, 09:57 PM
nice, but looks like you have a new vantage too, i would like that more. we have grandstands and i am even starting to want to switch more of my lawns to them as they just cut supreme. i know the exmark does too

D&K Lawns
04-28-2011, 10:00 PM
yes the vantage cut quality is great. got the gravely for athletic fields that we mow.

Sammy
04-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Does this mean you are not getting the 720 Deere ?

Southern Pride
04-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Good choice I used to run a lawn company for an older guy who had Gravely 48 ztr & 36 w/b. He never did any maintenance unless I did it. (1 oil change in 2 years) lol and I was ab 18 years old. I beat the hell out of those mowers, and they never had a problem. Half the time I wish they'd break so I wouldn't have to work for that guy, but they always fired up. This is why I say nice choice, but I spy another mower on that trailer that I'd kill for :D

Griffin

Southern Pride
04-29-2011, 12:45 AM
D&K, I also spy that hedge trimmer holder. How do you like it? Does it hold it pretty steady even over bumps and what not? I was thinking about getting one of these but wanted some experienced opinions...

Where to buy?
Price?
Last and but not least, is it lockable?

D&K Lawns
04-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Sammy, my neighbor talked me into going to the gravely dealer nearby and danged if I didn't end up with the pro turn. Dealer was just great. Gave me a great price. $7500. Couldn't refuse that.
Southern pride, I love the hedge trimmer holder. A single bungee holds it fine. Never had any issue with it. And yes the Vantage is SWEET! Got it two weeks ago. The cut is awesome.

topsites
04-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Are you one of those guys who gets all new equipment every year?

ProStreetCamaro
04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
yes the vantage cut quality is great. got the gravely for athletic fields that we mow.

You are going to find the xfactor deck cuts just about as good as the ultracut AND the deck NEVER needs to be cleaned out. One of the best decks I have ever cut with.

andyreed
04-29-2011, 08:44 AM
You will love it. I just got one this year, and after 11 hours it has been flawless. The cut is great even in thick spring growth with minimal build up on the deck. Good choice.

ALC-GregH
04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
You are going to find the xfactor deck cuts just about as good as the ultracut AND the deck NEVER needs to be cleaned out. One of the best decks I have ever cut with.

That sure is a BROAD statement that I find very hard to believe. Maybe Gravely uses a special "no stick" paint so the grass NEVER can stick to it. Yeah right/....//.,,./.

D&K Lawns
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Are you one of those guys who gets all new equipment every year?

No I'm not. My Cub Cadet Tank has 2100 hours on it, worn out. My metro walk behind was worn out when I got it. All my equipment was just worn out. My dad past away last year and left me an couple of pieces of farm equipment that I sold, therefore I updated on equipment. Otherwise I would have been still using the old.

D&K Lawns
04-29-2011, 09:05 AM

Glad to hear that! I am mowing with it today for the first time. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the reply!

watsmi57
04-29-2011, 09:49 AM
nice mower. i have had my 252 for about a month now. love it. first thing i did was take the discharge chute off and raise the deck wheels.

D&K Lawns
04-29-2011, 10:06 AM
nice mower. i have had my 252 for about a month now. love it. first thing i did was take the discharge chute off and raise the deck wheels.

I am glad you mentioned raising the deck wheels. My dealer mentioned that. I am gonna do that right now.

watsmi57
04-29-2011, 10:14 AM
I am glad you mentioned raising the deck wheels. My dealer mentioned that. I am gonna do that right now.

yeah it won't cut below like 2.5 inches with them in that bottom slot. the manual will tell you that slot is for tall grass. we got centipede where i work so it was a no brainer for me. don't forget the one inside back middle of the deck.

D&K Lawns
04-29-2011, 10:28 AM
yeah it won't cut below like 2.5 inches with them in that bottom slot. the manual will tell you that slot is for tall grass. we got centipede where i work so it was a no brainer for me. don't forget the one inside back middle of the deck.

Will do on the back wheel. I would have missed that one probably. I cut mostly bermuda. Do have a couple of St. Augustine yards. Thanks again

ProStreetCamaro
04-29-2011, 04:25 PM
That sure is a BROAD statement that I find very hard to believe. Maybe Gravely uses a special "no stick" paint so the grass NEVER can stick to it. Yeah right/....//.,,./.

Awwwwww does grass stick to the underside of your deck when it is wet and thick? Sure sucks doesn't it? It has something to do with the design of the deck and not the paint. There is no paint under my deck and I never have to clean the deck. It is getting ready to turn 1000 hours in the next couple weeks.

Southern Pride
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Southern pride, I love the hedge trimmer holder. A single bungee holds it fine. Never had any issue with it. And yes the Vantage is SWEET! Got it two weeks ago. The cut is awesome.

Yeah but can you lock the hedge trimmer in there?? I live in Memphis, so ALL my shiz gets locked up 24/7.